Chapter 3: Shoji and Denki

Shoji walked down to the school basement to help Recovery Girl's assistant move some things. He extended his arm with an ear to seek them out. The rustling of boxes and papers caught his attention and he walked towards the sound.

He found her digging around past the dust covered shelves, looking through newer files and boxes. The only light source was a weak light bulb from the ceiling, causing her to squint at the documents she went over. When she noticed him, her face lit up.

"Oh hi! I'm (Y/n), I'm Recovery Girl's new assistant! It's nice to meet you!" she grinned, springing up to shake his hand.

He lifted a tentacle with a mouth to greet her and returned the handshake.

"Hello. I'm Mezo Shoji. What would you like me to carry?"

(Y/n) didn't seem to hear him, as she was amazed by his quirk. Turning his hand over in her own, she turned her gaze to the other appendages.

"Wow! That's super cool!"

She walked all around him, inspecting every tentacle-arm individually. He was overwhelmed with the questions she fired off at him.

"How do you create different body parts at the end of your tentacles? Can you grow more off of those? Are your arms naturally strong to have to carry the weight of all your arms and body parts at the same time? Does your mask have anything to do with your quirk?"

She paused to take a breath. Shoji looked slightly concerned for her mental state.

"I'm sorry, it's just I've never met many people with a mutant-type quirk!" she smiled, whipping out her notebook.

"Is it all right if I ask you some really quick questions so I can make notes in my book?"

Shoji grinned under his mask, amused by the nurse's excitable demeanor.

"How about I carry the boxes you need, and you can ask me questions along the way?"

(Y/n) nodded excitedly, then paused thoughtfully.

"I'd feel bad that you'd be carrying all the boxes. I can carry some too," she reached out for a box, but he lifted it into his arms.

"It's alright, there's only two or three boxes. Besides, I'm strong enough to pick someone like you up."

(Y/n) yelped as her feet left the ground. Shoji had picked up around the waist to demonstrate how easy the task would be.

"Fascinating!" she cried, already jotting it down in her notes. Shoji set her down gently and grabbed another box to carry upstairs.

"No one's ever been this invested in learning about my quirk anyways." he added, stepping out into the hall

(Y/n) thought it over.

"Well alright then, question number one... can you grow more limbs off of the first set?"

~

By the time they got to Recovery Girl's office, (Y/n) had filled up an entire page, and only saved room in it for a couple quick sketches.

Shoji set down the boxes on her desk, and finished answering her final question. (Y/n) bid him farewell as he left to go back to his class.

"Thank you again for helping me! Stop by any time you need something, or if you want to just talk," (Y/n) beamed as she called after him.

"You took a little while to get back, so I started taking people in," her grandmother nodded towards the small line of people at the door.