Chapter 32: Cat Nap

The week was going by quickly, and soon all the hero classes would be back from their internships. (Y/n) waited in anticipation to see all her friends again.

During the week, her dreams were plagued with nightmares, causing her to pull all-nighters. She mostly hung out with Shinso in the library while everyone was away.

"Hey Shinso," (Y/n) yawned, rubbing her eyes tiredly.

"Woah, what happened to you? Have you been getting enough sleep?" he studied the dark circles under her eyes.

"You're such a hypocrite! And I'm fine. Actually, staying up late helps me get lots of work done so I'll have plenty of free time." (Y/n) reasoned.

"That's not good for you (Y/n)." Shinso looked doubtful.

"Speak for yourself." she snorted. She took a swig of his drink, then immediately regretted it.

"Pleh!" she spat it into the nearest trash can.

"What is this?" she asked.

"It's coffee. Don't like it?" he grinned, snatching it back.

"Why is it so bitter?"

"It's plain black coffee, just the way I like it." he grinned, taking a big gulp to emphasize his point.

"You never have any good drinks to steal." (Y/n) whined, settling back into her seat.

"I beg your pardon?" Shinso gasped dramatically.

"Then beg." (Y/n) smirked. Shinso continued to scoff at her comment.

"Black coffee is the one thing keeping me going through these tough, laborious nights." he exclaimed.

(Y/n) picked up his drink and peered down into it again.

"You never thought of adding some sugar? Maybe some cream? Or how about getting another drink entirely, like some tea, or boba?"

Shinso sighed.

"If you're going to complain about my wonderful beverage choices, we should get you a drink too, so you can stop stealing mine."

"What do you mean?" (Y/n) stood up, following the indigo-haired boy out of the library.

"I know a nice cafe down the street from here. It's cat themed." he smiled. (Y/n) gasped in excitement.

"Is it one of those cat cafes? I've heard all about them! I heard there are some in America, but I've never been."

"Yeah, the cafe decided to do a collaboration with the shelter next door, so they combined businesses to spread awareness of the cats needing to be adopted." Shinso explained.

"Sounds awesome!" (Y/n) exclaimed. "I can't wait to see what cute kitties there are!"

~

(Y/n) settled into a seat next to Shinso, watching the cats and kittens alike mill about. A few came and curled up on (Y/n)'s lap and she squealed.

"Are you okay?" Shinso asked, stroking another cat sitting beside him.

"I think I'm in heaven."

"Okay, I'll take that as a, "yes"." Shinso chuckled. (Y/n) took a sip of her much sweeter boba tea and took numerous selfies with the cats and sent them to Class 1-A

Pocket Healz:
Hey everyone! Guess who's at a cat cafe?"

Alien Kween Gf:
What?! No way!