Chapter 8

When you got home, you plopped right into bed and got the red ribbon from your book and looked at it. It was sparkly and it smelt like paint. You did your homework right when you got home so you wouldnt forget about it. Your brother was playing with his Teddy Ruxpin doll as your mom was in her study. You then walked to your bedroom but before you went to the stairs you stepped on something squishy. 

You looked down and picked it up. It was a plushie from the pizzeria of Bonnie. Your brother must have gotten it when he won something. You smiled and took it upstairs with you to your room. You sat on your bed and looked at it, until the clock struck 8:30 PM, the time you usually go to sleep. Even on weekends. 

You put the stuffed bunny on your nightstand. You took off your headband and turned off the light. You laid your head down on your feather stuffed pillow, and fell asleep. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your alarm on your clock rang, 5:30. You got up and got on your usual outfit. It wasnt really much, just a turtleneck under a sweater with a long denim skirt. You brushed out your hair before putting on a headband to complete the look. Your ears werent peirced, since your parents didnt want you to look like 'the bad kids' who wore skull earrings and huge hoops.

You then got a bagel with butter and a glass of orange juice, with the red bowtie tied around your neck. Your mother looked at you and raised an eyebrow. "Y/N take that thing off your neck! You can choke! And you are not a boy!" She barked at you. You rolled your eyes and untied the bowtie from your neck.

"Where did you get that ugly thing anyway?" She asked. "I got it from a friend." You replied. "So, you finally made a friend?" She asked and nudged you. "Mother!" You scoffed. "He is really nice. But he forgot this tie so I have to give it back to him." "Thats nice, dear." Your mother replied and kissed your forehead before giving you a paper bad with your lunch inside. 

You put all your finished homework in a binder and then walked out the door. But as soon as you walked out the door, the bus passed by your house. "NO!" You yelled and ran, but it was no use. You went back up to your door.  Just then a cherry red Subaru XT parked in front of your house.

You gasped and then looked confused, wondering why such a new car was in your driveway. You walked down the steep hill of your lawn to go investigate. The one in the car was no other than Bobby. 

"Hey (Y/N)!" He smiled and chuckled. "Wow this is a nice car!" You giggled. "Aw thank you!" He replied and laughed a bit. "Want a ride to school? " He then asked. "One second!" You replied and ran back up to your house. "Mom, I missed the bus, but my friend is offering me a ride to school in his car." You told her. 

She rose an eyebrow. "Your friend has a car?" She asked. You nodded. She smirked. "As long as he doesnt got faster than 45 miles an hour and that he wears a seatbelt." She replied. You hugged her and ran down the lawn to his car, getting in the front seat with him, putting your stuff in the backseat. You buckled your seatbelt and looked over to him. 

You then remembered and got the red bowtie out of your skirt pocket and handed it to him. "Oh thanks! I have been looking for this. My Bos- I mean, my dad has been wondering why I havent been wearing it!" He smiled. "You are welcome!" You replied and tied it on him for him. He looked at you with his eyes widened and smiled before looking back at the road. 

Once you got to the school, he parked by the posse. Their eyes turned to the shiny new car, checking it out. But once Bobby opened the door and got out, their mouths dropped and looked away. That didnt stop you from seeing that they were checking it out, making you laugh. They rolled their eyes as you got out of the car, but you didnt mind. 

But what caught their attention was when Bobby walked into the school with you, holding your hand. You blushed but looked up and saw how happy he was, so you didnt complain. Whenever Rick or the other members of the posse would come near you, Bobby would be there to protect you and stand up for you. 

You smiled and sat with Bobby again during lunch, getting out your sandwich. He got out a bag of carrots and hummus, and started munching on that. He looked so adorable while he ate, nibbling like a little mouse. You bit into your cheese and lettuce sandwich, turning around to see the posse looking at Bobby.

Bobby continued to eat the carrots in a mindful manor, then afterwards he flossed to get the carrot stuff out of his braces. You chuckled and moved your hair out of your face as he did that. He was awkward, yet charming and brave in his own way. 

After lunch, you and Bobby walked to your next class. But from the corner of your eye, you saw something off. You turned over and walked to the billboard to see what it was. 

Anne Marie Walsh, the most popular girl in school, was missing.