I Would Take it All Back

Summary: Germany is dreading going to the first world meeting following World War II. England, knowing that Germany probably isn't feeling the greatest, goes over to pick him up. Emotions get high and things spill over (well, at least for Germany).

Note: This story takes place in a universe where Germany and England were dating prior to World War II.

It was the first world meeting following the end of the second world war. Despite always being an early-riser, Germany was finding it much harder to get up these past few years. This day was much worse. He didn't want to go to the meeting. He didn't want to face all those he wronged, his former allies, anyone. So there he laid, refusing to get up.

His somber thoughts were interrupted by a soft knock from his door. He slowly pulled himself up from his pillow, his body aching in protest. He opened the door a crack, peeking out to see who it was. There stood England, cleaner and more healthy-looking than the last time he saw him. Germany's heart twisted at his last image of England, scrawny and injured from war. At least England seemed to be doing better now (but he had to look away).

"I'm sorry to have let myself in, but you mustn't have heard my knocking at the front door," The Brit murmured. "I thought it would be good for us to go in together today." He tried to pull the door open a little bit, but was no match against the strength of Germany. England huffed, looking away from the stubborn German. "Okay...fine...but you can't stay in there forever. We just have to keep moving forward, write wrongs, do-Germany?"

England quickly snapped his gaze back to Germany after hearing a slight sniff. He was crying. Germany was crying. He felt his heart drop at the sight. This was far worse than England had suspected. With newfound strength, he ripped the door open and wrapped the saddened nation in his arms. "Shhh love. It'll be okay."

"I'd take it....I'd take it all back if...I...could! I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," Germany choked as he tried to hold back his tears and cries. England just held him tighter, placing light kisses into his light blond hair.

"I know. I know. Just let it out." Despite England's attempt at letting him know it was okay to cry, Germany still refused to, at least at first. Eventually, Germany couldn't hold it back anymore and he broke down in sobs. "Please tell me you haven't been pushing this down all this time."

"Fine, I haven't"

"Love, be honest too."

"Do you really have to ask that to find the answer?"

"I suppose not."

With things becoming quiet and calm once again, England lifted Germany's chin so the two could face each other directly. "How about we postpone the meeting for a bit? You need some time to figure things out. And obviously, you need some help."

Germany nodded slightly in response. He took a deep breath as he backed away from England. He took both of the older nation's hands in his. "Thank you. I needed this."

England gave a warm smile, "Now how about I make some calls and then we go grab some breakfast. My treat."