Unwavering Trust

So much for posting this the day after the last chapter. Anyway some more trans Arthur. This turned very indulgent and fluffy so be warned. 

"Arthur?" Ludwig called as he knocked on the bathroom door, "Are you okay?" Arthur had been in there for twenty minutes, and that was concerning.

"Just a minute love," Arthur called back, though his voice wavered slightly.

Ludwig's brows furrowed. He didn't like the tone Arthur had used, but he let it be, trusting his lover's word that he would be out soon.

A few minutes later, the door creaked open, and Arthur emerged dressed only in green flannel pajama pants. Usually, it was pretty normal for men to sleep shirtless. Hell, Feliciano slept naked, and it confused Ludwig but never made his brain short circuit like it was right now. He couldn't recall ever seeing Arthur shirtless, though knowing what he did now, it made sense. Arthur may have been insecure about his chest scars, but Ludwig found them beautiful. If he was being honest, everything of Arthur's was beautiful though perhaps in an unconventional way. His slender build, his freckled torso, his scars from battles past, Ludwig loved it all even though this was his first time properly seeing it.

"Wh-What?" Arthur stuttered out.

"N-Nothing. Just...admiring you."

Arthur flushed a deep red that crept down to his shoulders. "Oh..."

Though Ludwig felt his own face burning, he pulled Arthur closer, wrapping his arms around the Brit's waist. His eyes scanned over Arthur once more, taking in every inch of his lover that had been hidden for decades. An overwhelming feeling of love hit him. This was Arthur. Stubborn, prideful Arthur physically and emotionally opening up to him, making himself vulnerable. With each passing day, Ludwig seemed to be seeing another side to his lover, and he felt honored to be trusted with each glimpse.

"I love you," Ludwig murmured, burying his nose into Arthur's neck.

Arthur let out a light laugh. "Where did all this sappiness come from?"

"Can't I just be loving for the sake of it?"

"I suppose, but you usually aren't this enamored by me. It's flattering, though also a bit...overwhelming."

"S-Sorry..."

Arthur leaned forward, giving Ludwig a quick peck on the nose. "No need for apologies. I appreciate it, really."

"Good." Without warning, Ludwig scooped Arthur up and carried him over to the bed. Arthur let out a strangled noise, shocked by the sudden motion. "I-Is this okay?" Ludwig asked.

"Yes...Sorry I was just startled."

Ludwig didn't look completely convinced, but he continued on towards the bed and laid Arthur down gently. For someone who usually hated being carried (or at least claimed to hate it), the Englishman appeared rather content albeit a little flustered. "I love you," he murmured, pulling Ludwig down on the bed with him.

"Love you too."

Ludwig rested his head against Arthur's chest. As Arthur began to doze off, Ludwig began to run his fingers along the Brit's abdomen absentmindedly. Arthur shivered under the touch.

"Seriously, what is with you?" Arthur exhaled. Despite his supposed annoyance, his hand came to rest on Ludwig's head, his fingers gently massaging his scalp. Ludwig hummed in approval.

"Don't know...Just feeling lucky I guess."

Arthur snorted.

"But it's true," Ludwig pressed, pushing himself up and towering over Arthur. His face was flushed, but his gaze was intense. It immediately shut Arthur up. "You're very special Arthur, even if you want to deny that. And your trust is something I treasure immensely." His fingers grazed Arthur's chest scars, further explaining what he was talking about and why he was being so affectionate.

"Ludwig..."

"I'm sorry. That probably wasn't the best course of action. J-Just know I don't see you differently because of this, I just... Like I said, it's a big showcase of trust, and I'm thankful."

Arthur's eyes glistened as he stared up at Ludwig. His cheeks were flushed as his lips quivered slightly. He looked like he was about to cry. Ludwig just watched, ready to comfort as best he could if Arthur needed it.

"Well," Arthur coughed awkwardly, "I-I...I don't know what to say except...Thank you."

"For what?"

"Loving me. Being so earnest and attentive."

"I'm–"

Arthur leaned up and silenced Ludwig with a kiss. "Now, who's denying what?"

Ludwig let out an amused huff as he fell back down on the bed beside Arthur. His hand found Arthur's, and he laced their fingers together. "I guess we're both bad with that."

"Mhm, but we've got each other to make up for it." Arthur propped himself up into a sitting position. "Now, how about a movie?"

"Isn't it a little late?"

"Maybe, but that makes it better."

Ludwig wanted to say now, but the playful glint in Arthur's eyes always did something to Ludwig. He couldn't say no. "Fine..."