~Chapter Twelve~

"Ayato-Kun, what are you screaming about!?" we heard Laito scream, who was now ever so slightly ahead of us. I tightened my grip around Shu's neck, as to prevent myself from falling out of his arms as he was running.

"Yui! Yui has gone!" Ayato shouts back, as we made our way to the lounging area, where we saw Laito pacing and moving about very sharply. Sitting on one of the sofas was Subaru, who had his head in his hands, watching Ayato very carefully.

"what do you mean she's gone? There's no way she could've left without one of us noticing or hearing her leave!" Laito replied, speaking for most of us in the room. I looked at Shu, and he looked back at me, giving me a comforting smile, then gently placing me on the floor. From the corner of my eye, I thought I saw Subaru give us a glare, but why would he do that?

"Laito is not wrong. There is no way that she could've left without one of us being notified. Are you certain that she has left and that she is not in the mansion somewhere?" Reiji asked, appearing in the room. He gave Ayato a knowing look, knowing that Ayato had most likely not checked everywhere in the mansion.

"well.... Her scent is gone! If she was still in the mansion, we should still be able to smell her. It's just like what happened with Yuki, but instead, it is Yui! Why couldn't Yuki disappear again, instead of Yui!?" Ayato screamed back, anger radiating off his body. I looked down at the floor, not knowing how to react to his outburst. It wasn't my choice to be taken in the first place... do you really wish that had happened Ayato?

"Ayato! That's not nice to say to Yuki! Yuki is better than Yui in more than one way! Take back what you said now!" Kanato screamed at his brother, defending me. I could tell that what Kanato had just said, annoyed Ayato more.

"Why don't we all go search around the house, just to check that she has gone?" I suggested silently, but of course, all of the brothers had heard what I said. Shu came and placed one of his hands on my shoulder, squeezing it a little, attempting to calm me down, but was also a way to say that it was a good idea. Yes, I saw what happened, but there is a chance that she might have been able to get away from them while I was Shu and Laito in the music room.

"Everyone split up and look through all of the rooms. Meet back here in fifteen minutes. If anyone finds her, shout." Reiji ordered us. I felt gusts of wind hit my face, telling me that all of the brothers had left the room. The shoulder that Shu was holding, now felt cold. I left the lounging area and went to the dining room and checked. Nothing.

The kitchen. Nothing.

The area where Cordelia was killed. Nothing.

I slowly made my way up the stairs, now going to check the rooms near mine. Looking around the corridors, I saw no one else around. Feeling bored and alone, I silently sang a song that had been stuck in my head for a while. It was a good description of how I have been feeling for the past few weeks? Months? I don't know how long it has been.

Loving and fighting

Accusing, denying

I can't imagine a world with you gone

The joy and the chaos, the demons were made of

I'd be so lost if you left me alone...

You locked yourself in the bathroom;

Lying on the floor when I breakthrough

I pull you in to feel your heartbeat

Can you hear me screaming "Please don't leave me!"

Hold on, I still want you

Come back, I still need you

Let me take your hand, I'll make it right

I swear to love you all my life

Hold on, I still need you

A long endless highway, you're silent beside me

Driving a nightmare I can't escape from

Helplessly praying, the light isn't fading

Hiding the shock and the chill in my bones

They took you away on a table

I pace back and forth as you lay still

They pull you in to feel your heartbeat...

Can you hear me screaming, "Please don't leave me!"

Hold on, I still want you

Come back, I still need you

Let me take your hand, I'll make it right

I swear to love you all my life

Hold on, I still need you

I don't wanna let go

I know I'm not that strong

I just wanna hear you

Saying, "Baby, let's go home."

"Let's go home"

Yeah, I just wanna take you home

Hold on, I still want you

Come back, I still need you

Coming to the end of the song, I started to feel really lightheaded and sick, but I ignored it. By the time I was done. It was time to start heading back down to the lounge to meet with the others. In none of the rooms that I checked, was she in. I should tell them what I saw outside. If none of them have found her, then that means that the Mukami brothers most likely got her.

Rushing down the stairs, I saw everyone waiting for me. I fastened my pace and made my way over to the sofa that Shu was lying on and stood behind it. He opened one of his blue Bambi eyes and gave me a small smile. I returned it as best I could, but he knew that it was not genuine, making a small frown appear on his face.

"Yuki, did you find her? Or anything that might tell us that happened?" Reiji asked. I attempted to look at him in the face, only for the room to start spinning around me, and for my legs to feel like jelly. Doing my best to ignore it, I took a tight hold of the back of the sofa, to prevent myself from falling.

"I didn't find her... but I did see her earlier out in the garden... and she... she was..." I fell to the floor, with a loud thud, the room started spinning, even more, I felt even sicker and more lightheaded. I knew something was wrong with me.

As I laid there on the floor in pain, Reiji quickly made his way over to me, concern on his face. He moved his hand to place it on my forehead, but I didn't feel anything, but pain. I shut my eyes attempting to make the pain go away.