~Chapter Eleven~

I was soon taken out of thought by someone knocking on my door behind me. I quickly turned around, looking at the door, waiting for who was going to open it. Staring at the door, for what seems like years, the door opened. Seeing a dark blue top and a light blue jacket, I let go of the breath I didn't realize I was holding. There he stood, lazily as always. Shu pulled out one of his earphones and smirked a little towards me. I looked down at the ground, unsure of what to do. Its been a while since I've seen him. He might do the same thing that Reiji did to me. Drink from me.

"Hello there Yuki. It's been a while hasn't it?" he says quietly while moving more towards where I was until he stood directly in front of me. I still had my eyes on the floor and I wasn't planning on looking at anything else. "Gone all shy and quiet again?"

I shifted my feet a little, as a reply to his question. I heard him sigh a little and then felt his hand go under my chin and attempt to push it up so that I would look him in the eyes, but I resisted and moved my chin from his hand. Realizing the wasn't going to get anywhere, he quickly took hold of one of my wrists and starting to drag me down the corridor. Where to? I don't know. As we were walking, I looked up and saw the windowsill where Subaru and I once sat at, before the whole argument.

"we're here Yuki," Shu said, bringing back to reality. Looking around, I saw that it was the music room, looking the exact same way as I had last seen it. The large grand piano in the corner of the room, in front of the balcony. Near the piano was the sofa (I am British, I am sorry XD) where Shu was always sleeping on. He continued to pull me along to where the piano was and made me sit down on the seat. I looked at the keys. Listening carefully, I heard Shu sit down next to me and he began to play a sweet melody. Recognizing the song, I played with him and sang quietly.

Yuki, Shu, Both

In sleep, he sang to me, in dreams he came

That voice which calls to me and speaks my name

And do I dream again? For now, I find

The Phantom of the Opera is there

Inside my mind

Shu looked over at me shocked, amazed that I knew what the song was and that I had sung that perfectly. Smiling a little, he nudged me, in a friendly way, making me have a small smile on my face. He continued the melody, looked directly at me as he continued the song.

Sing once again with me our strange duet

My power over you grows stronger yet

And though you turn from me to glance behind

The Phantom of the Opera is there

Inside your mind

Laughing a little, I got the courage and I looked at him in the eyes as well, making him have a gentle smile on his face and his eyes softened as they looked into mine. He gave me a smile and a nod, telling me to continue.

Those who have seen your face

Drawback in fear

I am the mask you wear

It's me they hear...

Your/My spirit and my/your voice

In one combined

The Phantom of the Opera is there

Inside my/your mind

Beware, the Phantom of the Opera

Both me and Shu looked over to the voice and saw Laito leaning against the door frame smiling, at both of us. He moved over so that he was now leaning against the piano, watching us both, dancing lightly to the music with his head.

In all your fantasies, you always knew

That man and mystery

Were both in you

And in this labyrinth, where night is blind

The Phantom of the Opera is here/there

Inside my/your mind...

Sing, my Angel of Music!

He's there, the Phantom of the Opera

Taking a short deep breath, I began vocalizing, shocking both Shu and Laito as they have always heard me sing softly and gently. They didn't think that I was able to do this I suppose. But then again, who would expect it from a quiet, shy girl?

Sing!

Sing for me

Sing, my Angel of Music!

Sing for me!

After the song had ended, we all just looked at each other as I was getting my breath back to me. After a few deep breaths, I was okay and gave a small smile to both of them, making them smile back at me.

"Who knew that Mouse-Chan was able to sing like that? We knew you could sing soft melodies, but definitely didn't expect you to be able to sing Opera," Laito said, a shocked look on his face, but yet a calming and genuine smile on his face as well. "It's good to have you back Mouse-Chan. It hasn't been the same without you."

I looked over at Shu who nodded his head at what Laito had been saying, showing that he agreed with him. Feeling the adrenaline still in my body, I brought up as much courage as I could. As I was about to reply to them, we heard Ayato screaming, making us all look at the door, and run out of it, swiftly moving towards the main lounging area. Feeling a bit weak, I slowed down. Shu had seemed to have noticed this and matched his pace with mine, and carefully lifted me into his arms before catching up to Laito.