Chapter 21 'Future meets the present'

Elizabeth's P.O.V.

"I don't know where they are," Raquel said, looking defeated. I stared at her in shock.

"I thought you just said you knew where they were?" I questioned. She started pacing as if she wasn't sure how to explain herself.

"I know where they are, I just don't know WHERE they are," Raquel explained. Blake gave her a wierd looking while my head was starting to pound.

"Then where are they?" I asked, trying to get a clear answer from her.

"Not here," she simply replied.

"Then where?" I questioned again.

"With your grandfather," she finally answered.

"That's impossible, my grandfather has been missing for years," I replied. How would he have gotten the books?

"Before he disappeared off the face of the earth, your grandmother gave him the books to keep safe. She knew that he was going to stay well hidden and not be caught by anyone, so she gave him the books to make sure they never got into the wrong hands," Raquel explained.

"My grandma should know where he is then because of their mate bond. We should be able to find him again and the books," I suggested. Raquel was shaking her head before I had finished my first sentence.

"Your grandmother technically died, the mate bond they shared was broken and your grandfather grieved over her. He knew she was still alive, but his wolf did not and he was almost dead," Raquel explained.

"How did he survive then without my grandmother for so many years?" I asked, curious to how he could have survived without his mate.

"He knew that if he kept the books hidden he would save his daughter and any children she had. Your grandmother knew you were coming, and that you would be special, but she didn't know how. Your grandfather volunteered to keep the books hidden before your grandmother chose to be a ghost," Raquel explained.

"Wait, how did my grandmother know about me?" I asked, confused. Raquel started laughing while shaking her head.

"Dear child, you forget that your grandmother was a witch. She was able to see the future and she saw your mother carrying you one day. I remember when she told me what she saw," Raquel daydreamed off into thin air.

Raquel's P.O.V.

I was wondering the woods, my friend wanted me to meet her here. I stayed near a tree and in the dark, not wanting to be seen by anyone.

"Raquel?" a voice whispered. My name echoed throughout the whole forest. I stepped out of hiding and looked at my human friend.

Her eyes showed the emotion she was feeling because she was a witch. I knew that her kind was in trouble, she was my only friend that was hidden in the human world. Sadly, Jenny had to switch between the human world and the spiritual world.

"How have you been dear friend?" I questioned her. She smiled and walked up to me. I noticed her stomach was no longer bigger, but I have yet to see her baby girl.

"I'm good, and my daughter is doing good too, but I need your help," she informed me. I instantly became worried, Jenny and her husband weren't sure whether their child would be born a werewolf or a witch.

"What's wrong with your child? Is she injured? Is she ok?" Jenny just chuckled at my on coming questions.

"She is fine. She's as healthy as any other human baby," Jenny answered. I stopped walking through the forest and looked at her.