Chapter 11 'Grandmother'

Raven's P.O.V.

All I could do was shake my head yes.

"Can she ever learn to control it?" Blake whispered. I knew the answer to that.

"In time yes, but our grandmother was never able to master all of it, only some, and even then she was very old and it took many years," I answered.

I looked up into Blake's eyes. He was at a loss with what to do. I could see the battle going on within himself and I didn't know what else I could do or say.

I rested my head on the table. Suddenly feeling really tired. There's only one thing that I could guess was happening and that was Liz had too much power. I knew that wave at school wasn't all her power, that was the power she needed to let out for now.

Elizabeth's P.O.V.

"Oh my dear child, you're all grown up," I heard a voice say.

I looked around, not sure who was talking to me. I knew I was asleep. The last thing I remember is saying a spell to let some of my powers lose so that I wouldn't hurt too many people.

"W-who are you?" I asked into the darkness. I kept turning in a circle, not recognizing the voice at all. This is very different than all the other times I've gone to sleep during a full moon.

"Elizabeth there is no need to be afraid of me," a calm voice said as a woman appeared in front of me. She reminded me of my mom, only in an older version of her. The woman looked old, but her hair was still brown instead of gray like most woman, and her eyes looked like mine.

Her eye color was mixed in a weird combination that I've never seen before. Fire Opal, aquamarine, sapphire, rose quartz, and blue topaz. Such a strange combination of colors in an eye.

"Who are you?" I asked the woman. I wasn't sure if it was true, but I didn't want to believe it.

"I'm your grandmother, Jenny, the last witch before you," the woman said with a smile on her face and tears running down her cheeks.

I stood in my spot, shocked and frozen. In all my years I've heard stories about my grandmother, but never saw her in my head before.

I slowly walked up to my grandmother. Not sure if she was real inside my head or I just thought of her and this is all my imagination. I hugged her and she seemed to be so real and was surprisingly warm to. Tears rushed down my face as I hugged her.

"Calm down Elizabeth, you always knew that I would come to help you out. I'm here now," my grandmother whispered into my hair. She was rubbing my back in a way that reminded me of my mother.

"Oh, you look just like May," Jenny said while holding my face so I was looking her in the eyes. May is my mother's name.

"Grandma, it's happy to see you, but why are you here? Why tonight out of all other nights during a full moon?" I asked her in a soft voice. I saw pain enter her eyes before a couch appeared behind her and she sat down. She pulled me down next to her and I just waited for her to talk.

"It's not easy being a witch," grandma sighed, "but, your life will be easier than mine ever was." She thought for a second, like she didn't know how to explain this to me.

"How will it be easier?" I asked her, trying to start her off on what to say.

"Well, I never had a mate on the blue moon before my eighteenth birthday, and you luckily have your mate," my grandmother started. I gave her a questioning look, not sure where she was going with this.