Chapter 27

Dexter and Tara waited at the door waiting for someone to answer.

"How do I look baby?"

"You look hideous!"

   Dexter just stared at her. He asked her that damn question about five times already.

"Dexter stop okay she's not Bre's parents. Just be yourself baby, I promise mema is cool." Tara said grabbing his face and pecking his lips.

"Hey to y'all too." Mema said clearing her throat.

"Hey Memaaa!!!!" Tara said hugging her.

"Come in" Tara grabbed Dexter hand as they walked into the living room.

"Mema this is Dexter, Dexter this is my Mema."

"How you doing ma'am its nice to meet you."

"Same here baby. Y'all have a seat so you can tell me why you keeping my granddaughter away from me."

"She told you that?" Dexter asked looking at Tara.

"No but she haven't been by to see me so I'm guessing you're the reason." Mema stared at Dexter she could tell he was very nervous.

"But I don't blame her because if I had a handsome man like you baby I'll be home every day too." Dexter smiled as he blew out a sigh.

"Mema he's very nervous. He think you won't like him." Tara said being honest. Dexter stared at her with a why the hell you said that look.

"What! You are and you do. Don't be looking at me like that."

"Yea don't be looking at her like that. Why wouldn't you think I wouldn't like you?"

"Ion know ma'am to be honest I just had a bad experience with that in the past."

"Well baby I don't judge people. We are all the same. Come help me set the table. Tara go see what Passion is doing." Mema said as she grabbed Dexter hand. Tara smiled and walked Down the hall into Passion's room.

*******

"Hey chick whatcha doing?" I asked looking at Passion. "Girl did you just wake up?"

"Yea and don't do me. Where's Dexter?"

"He's helping grandma set the table. Girl he so scary, well ion think he's scary I think he was beyond nervous."

"Why?"

"Remember I told you about the incident with his ex?"

"Oh Yea. Well I'll be nervous too, but mema ain't like that so he good."

" I tried to tell him that."

"Let me brush my teeth so we can eat."

"Yesss Chile I wasn't gone say anything but handle that!" I said laughing hopping off her bed.

"Girl shut up!"

Passion and I walked into the kitchen. Mema and Dexter was laughing up a storm.

"Excuse me... Let me find out mema trying to take yo man." I pushed Passion as we both burst out into laughter.

"Baby you remember Passion."

"Yea how you doing?"

"I'm good and you?"

"Same."

"Tara told you my mema wasn't that bad."

"I told you, you talk to much."

"Just a tab bit." I said laughing as we sat down at the table.

We all bowed our heads as mema said grace.

"Tara how do you like the job at the coffee shop?"

"It's good mema. Something to keep me occupied. And plus I miss my muffin cakes so I love it."

"Girlll stop with them nick names." Passion said laughing.

"Mema did Tara tell you she was graduating early."

"No... that's good baby congratulations!"

"You ain't tell me that."

"I was going to but somebody just did."

"My bad."

"You good."

"So Mema do you miss me?"

"Just a lil bit"

"I'll take that." I said as I bit into my chicken. Lawd this was heaven.

"Tara girl slow down."

"Dexter shut up. Mema this is really good."

"I know I put my foot in it."

"Okay suga mama." Passion said laughing. Proud Family was that show!

  We all sat at the dinner table and ate. Dinner was really good and everyone was getting along. Not that I had doubt's that we wouldn't.

"I told you she wasn't bad." I whispered in his ear as Mema got the red velvet cake and ice cream. Dexter smiled and snuck a kiss before she turned around.

" seen that!" Mema said as she began to cut the cake.

Mema made the best red velvet cake.

"Mema I want a whole cake for my birthday."

"You ain't go share.?" Dexter asked me.

"Naw buddy not this."

"That's messed up." Dexter said elbowing me. Mema started giggling but those giggles turned into horrible coughing. Like the sound of this coughing scared the hell out of me.

  "Ma go lay down I'll take care of the rest." Passion told her. Mema gave her a weak smile but did as she was told. I watched as she held on to the walls as she made it to her bedroom.

"What was that about?" I asked Passion as she cut the cake. She clearly was ignoring me. Mema was steady coughing you could hear it from the living room.

"I'll be right back." Passion just dropped the knife and walking to the back.

"Did she not hear me?!"

"Tara just chill. Calm down." Dexter said rubbing my arm. With a cough like that how the hell was I suppose to chill.

"Passion fuck the cake and tell me something!" I watched as a silent tear rolled down her cheek.

"She's sick." Passion said as she paused and looked at me.

"Sick? Sick as in how sick?"

"She has cancer." My ears went numb ,my eye sight was becoming a blur and everything around me was starting to spin.

===========================

Vote!!! Comment!!! Share!!!!

#ExoticLuv❤