chapter 18

Tara's POV....

   Last night was the best night I have ever had since all the drama. I slept like a baby. I don't know what it is but the closer I am to him I feel so safe. And that's crazy because even though I truly loved Ahmad I never felt this safe around him.

"Good morning ma"

"Morning, I hope you don't mind I decided to cook breakfast."

"Nawl it's cool. I told you to make ya self at home and plus it smells really good in here, whatcha  cooking?"

"Nothing major just Eggs,grits, bacon sausage ,and pancakes."

"Nothing major? That's a lot. I'm hungry too." Dexter said as he sat down at the dinning room table. He flashed a smile as I handed him his plate. It took me no time to fix mine then join him.

"I slept good last night." Dexter said taking a sip of his orange juice.

"Really?"

"Yea. I think you had something to do with that."

"Why you say that?"

"Because I haven't slept like that in I don't know how long." I watched as he bit into his sausage. I bit my bottom lip feeling extremely excited because I felt  the exact same way.

"I guess I did too. After the incident I couldn't sleep at all,but last night I slept like a baby."

"What's up for today?"

"Umm.. I'm going to go chill with my best friend for a couple of hours I'm thinking about going home tomorrow."

"When you mean back home. Are you talking about with your moms?" Dexter put his fork down and looked at me.

"Yea."

"Tara you dont have to be in a rush to leave. You can stay here as long as you want. To be honest I think it's to soon to go back there."

"Dexter I don't want to over stay my welcome. My mom should be fine. You need your space." I said as I sipped my orange juice. Lord knows I wanted to stay but I felt like I've been here too long.

"Ight but you staying here isn't bothering me, but if you want then hey I can't make you stay, but if something happens just promise you'll call me?"

"I promise superman."

I watched as he did a little chuckle before he got up and went towards the door.

"Here take it." Dexter said handing me a set of keys.

"What's this?"

"The keys to the Charger. Take it ion drive it so you can use it."

"Dexter I can't do that." I couldn't believe he was giving me his car.

"Why you can't drive?"

"Yes I can drive. I'm a dern good driver, but I can't just take your car."

"You ain't taking, it I'm giving it to you."

"What year?"

"2014" Dexter said smiling.

"Hell no...uhuh I can't."

"Girl take the keys." Dexter said throwing them on the table before walking upstairs.

°

°

°

°

"So he actually gave you his car?" Passion asked as she sat on the bed and watched me paint my toes.

"Yes his brand new car at that. I feel bad though." I closed the polish then looked up at her.

"Why?"

"Because I feel like I'm cheating on  Ahmad. Passion I swear I just feel so safe with him. Like I don't know what it is. Ughh I hate this and to keep it real I really don't wanna go back home, but I have to get away from him because I'm secretly catching feelings for him."

"Wait so the only reason you're going home is because you're catching feelings for him? And I talked to Ahmad parents today."

"Yes. And what they say?"

"He lost his memory completely and he do have to learn how to do everything again."

"He don't remember his parents?"

"He remembers his mom but not his dad."

"I miss him a lot."

"I know. Maybe we could go visit or something one day?"

"I'll pass. I think I'll break down if he don't remember me, so I'm going to keep my distance so I can keep that hope."

"That's real I guess. When are you coming back to school?"

"Well I'm going to finish out the rest of this year homeschooling then I'll come back my senior year."

"Lunch is boring without you. School isn't the same."

"I know, I really hate that all this happened."

"Me too,but we can't stop God's plans."

"I guess you're right."

"Let's go eat dinner." Passion said as she walked out the room.

I got up and forgot my purse was on my lap. I bent down to pick up all my things when I noticed the diamond bracelet Ahmad gave me for my birthday tears began to form in my eyes as all our memories came rushing back at once.

========================

This chapter was okay but it wasn't all that but this is what y'all get when y'all rush me to update. When I say chill just chill trust Me be patient and the chapters will be much better. !

Anywayyyysssss

Vote!!! Comment!!! Share!!!

#ExoticLuv❤