Chapter 15

Dexter sat in the hospital room with Tara as she slept. He didn't understand how things went from zero to a hundred real quick. He felt really bad for Tara because she has gone through a lot. He just found out that she barely had any family because the only person that came to visit was Passion her grandmother and Tj.

"What happened?" Tara opened her eyes trying to sit up. Dexter lifted his head when he heard her sweet voice.

"You passed out ma." Dexter said walking over to her.

"Have you the only one that been up here?"

"Naw some girl name Passion and her grandmother was up here for awhile and tj sat up here for a second. They all brought you flowers." Dexter said as he pointed to the gifts.

"Is he dead?" Tara asked as a tear rolled down her face.

"No but he's pretty messed up. The doctor said when ever he comes out the coma its a 80% chance that he's body won't function right. The left side of his brain is damaged." Dexter informed her. Tara was extremely torn her heart was shattered.

"I'm sorry ma." Dexter held her as she burst out in tears.

"It's my fault, all of this is my fault." Tara said as she cried into his chest.

"Ma don't say that. Everyone is responsible for their own actions. He decided to get drink and drive. You had nothing to do with that. Nothing at all so don't feel that way." Dexter said as he held her face looking into her eyes as he wiped her tears with his thumb. Tara leaned up towards his lips but stopped when the doctor walked in.

"I see you're up. I'm going to check your blood pressure and heart rate." He said as he walked to her bedside. Tara stayed still as he proceeded to do his job.

"Sir do you know what caused her to black out?" Dexter asked.

   "Stress! Ms. Daniels is up under a lot of stress. Which is not good at a young age. If the stress continues the blackouts will become worst and that's something we do not want, because as you can see you can have them anywhere. Try to keep your self calm. You need to be around a positive environment. Try not to be alone or stay occupied because when we're alone or bored what do we do? Think right... and when we think, we're thinking about the bad things that happens to us in life, and that causes depression and depression leads to stress and stress leads to blackouts and blackouts leads to you visiting me in this way and we don't want that. You're a very pretty girl and a girl like you should always be happy." The doctor said making Tara smile.

"Thank you doc I'm going to try my best to keep her happy." Dexter said helping her off the bed.

Tara was kind of shocked by his response.

"See... look your boyfriend really cares about you. You don't find to many like that. You youngins have a nice night and remember Tara smile more worry less." He said as he shut the door.

"Here Passion brought these up here for you to put on. You can go in the bathroom and I'll wait for you out here." Dexter said as he handed her a pink bag. Tara grabbed the bag and walked into the bathroom.

°
°
°
°
°

Tara's POV.....

  I was so scared to open his room door. I knew his parents would be in there and I knew they probably hated me but I had to see him.

  "Go ahead Tara. I'll be waiting out here waiting for you." Dexter said as he let go of my hand. I push the door open and the beeping sound of the machine filled my ears.

  I couldn't hold back the tears as I saw him laying there all wrapped up with tubes in him.

  "I'm sooo sorry baby, I really am I didn't mean for any of this to happen. Ahmad you have to pull through this. What happened to us going to prom together or us getting married and starting a family? I love you and I forgive you for those things you said. Ahmad I wanted to tell you about my attack but I felt disgusting. How was I suppose to tell my boyfriend that four guys raped me repeatedly. I couldn't I just couldn't so I kept it to myself. I didn't want you to be embarrassed by people at school so I kept it all in and switched to homeschooling I didn't mean any harm by it. Ahmad I love you so much you're a fighter I know you can pull through." I said as I squeezed his hand as I let the tears fall.

   "The doctor said if he comes out this coma he could be a vegetable or he would have to learn how to walk and do everything else all over again. We're hoping for the second one." I heard a female voice say I turned around to see Ahmad's mom and dad standing behind me.

"Was you standing there the whole time?" I asked wiping my face.

"Yes baby we were. Tara Ahmad loved you. He use to come home and talk about you everyday. How he was one day going to marry you and have kids with you. What happened tonight wasn't your fault. Ahmad had been dealing with some personal things after his father and I told him about our divorce he's been acting out. Tara after tonight I want you to live your life and forget about Ahmad. Move on sweetie he knew you loved him but what else can be done. We're going to keep him here for a few days before we get him transferred to Houston with us."

I couldn't get anything out I was speechless I couldn't just leave him and they wasn't taking him anywhere!

"I'm not leaving him and you guys can't take him. I promised him I was going to be there for him you can't please don't do this."

"I'm sorry baby but it's final. Enjoy your life sweetie" His father said. There was no debating with them it was already done. I kissed Ahmad one last time before I walked out of his life for good.

   "You alright?" Dexter asked as we got into the car. At first I wasn't but until I felt him grab my hand I knew I would be fine.

  "Yes I am. Thank so much for everything. It's like every time I'm in a bad situation you're there. You even sat at the hospital with me and you hate hospitals." I said cracking a smile.

"It's cool ma. I'm just trying to keep this stress up off you. I'm here for you if you need anything and I mean anything Tara."

  "Can I have a hug?" I asked as I reached out my arms. Dexter pulled the car over and turned on his hazard lights. Putting the car in park he got out and walked over to my side opening up my door he grabbed my hand and pulled me into a tight hug. For a long time in a long time I never felt so safe all the stress and worries I once had felt like they had completely disappeared.

"I told you anything ma." He said smiling as he kissed me on the forehead. I just smiled at him before laying my head back on his chest.

=============================

I never said Ahmad Died that was something Tara assumed.

Anyways I kept my promise and updated. I hope y'all enjoyed it !

And what do y'all think about Ahmad's parents and what they said to Tara... Was that fair?

Vote!!!! Comment!!!! Share!!!!

#Exoticluv❤