Chapter Twelve (Alex's P.O.V)

I stayed at their house for a while longer coaxing Ryan to play with different toys and seeing his responses to items. He took well to the rattle, stuffed animals, and teething rings but shied away from older kid toys like the coloring books and ball. I gave Henry and Maria some tips that might help when he's little and let them know that, because little space seems to be new to him, he doesn't quite understand what's going on or how to handle it. I also told them it may take him a while to get used to switching in and out of little space and knowing when the best time for each is.

After that I shook their hands and got a wave from Ryan on my way out of the door. They were on their way out not long after me with plans to pick up toys and little things for him.

It was on my way home that I got a phone call from Damion. Damion is my best friend, but he's also my Alpha. I am the beta of the area's largest werewolf pack, Black Rose. He has called a pack meeting for 8 pm tonight.

I arrive at the meeting on time, having gone home to shower and get ready, and find Damion.

Damion made a weird face at me before he started smelling the air and then my shirt.

"Who were you with?" He asked.

"A client." I replied vaguely. I always keep customer confidentiality, never discussing clients by name. I may say a client bought 'this' today, but unless given permission, I don't give out names. It's part of the business.

He looks as if he wants to say something else but it's time for him to start the meeting. It was a rather boring meeting for me as it was just updates on border patrol, rogues, etc. All things I already knew about as it's part of my beta duties.

When the meeting is finally over Damion is back at my side in seconds smelling at my clothes.

"Whoever you were with is mine. My mate. Who are they?" He questioned.

"Alpha I'm sorry but you know I can't give out client information. Maybe come help me at the shop every once in a while. I can't guarantee he'll come in but it's worth a try." I offered.

He nodded thoughtfully before agreeing.

Henry's P.O.V

Maria and I got Ryan situated in the car before heading to a little space friendly store to find him some clothes and toys. When we arrived, we noticed carts and quickly grabbed one. I was surprised to see they were big enough for an adult to fit into although I wasn't too sure why I was surprised. It's a store for people with little space.

I eased Ryan into the cart and within minutes we found things to put in the cart for him. The cashier seemed shocked when we came to the checkout with a cart full of things. Ryan was practically falling asleep in the cart, probably worn out from all the people he'd been around and the playing he had done today.

We put all the groceries into the trunk after buckling Ryan into the car, he was out before we had even left the parking lot.