Chapter Twenty-Six (Zelos' P.O.V)

Holding Ryan in my arms these past few hours have helped calm me after the fiasco at the pack house. I know Jason is already dead, but I can't help wanting to rip him to shreds for laying his grubby hands on my precious baby. Ryan's calmness throughout the whole situation surprised me. My lovely baby came to comfort me after my fight with Jason and even talked to me, in front of the whole pack, in an attempt to calm me down. I almost had to double take when he began to speak to me regardless of the crowd.

I kept him cuddled close to my side in the backseat of Henry's car. Ryan, the adorable boy that he is, absentmindedly played with the soft fur of his tail and hummed along to the radio. My mind kept replaying Maria using a high powered taser on Jason before he could get to my baby. I am going to have to find a way to repay her for her quick thinking. Ryan tugged on the hem of my shirt, so I leaned down towards him.

"Are Noah and Alex coming to the house too?" he asked softly.

"I don't know, Baby, do you want them too? I can link Alex and see if he wants to come over if you would like." I replied just as softly.

He nodded so I asked Alex if he and Noah wanted to come to Ryan's house for a while. He agreed and said that he and Noah would meet us there. We made it to the house a few minutes later so I carried Ryan into the house, still not ready to put him down. Alex and Noah arrived shortly after, hands clasped, and I immediately noticed the soft blush on Alex's cheeks.

Deciding not to comment for now I nodded at them in greeting. Noah gave a quick nod back and sat on the couch pulling Alex down onto his lap, causing his soft blush to turn a bright red. I tucked my face into Ryan's hair to hide my chuckles, but I must not have done a good job since Alex's blush spread across his face and he hid in Noah's neck.

Ryan nervously glanced at the couple on the couch before asking me if we could watch a movie using sign language. I pressed a kiss to his forehead and nodded. I hesitantly set him on his feet, watching as he went to the TV stand to grab the movie case. I sat in what everyone refers to as "Ryan's chair" and as soon as he was close enough I pulled him, and the movie case, onto my lap. He began flipping through the movie case before pausing on Tangled. He looked up at me, back down at the movie, and then to Alex and Noah.

"We can watch that if you want, Baby." I murmured softly near his ear. He hesitated before climbing off my lap and heading over to the couple. It took all of my willpower to not scoop him back into my arms the second he moved away. He showed them the movie he was wanting and I had to hold back my growl when Alex lifted Ryan onto his lap, adding him to the stack.

"Of course we can watch Tangled if you want too. I like Tangled, do you Babe?" Noah replied with a surprising amount of enthusiasm. Alex quickly nodded in agreement. We all smiled as Ryan climbed off their stack and put the movie in. He came back towards me so I finally was able to scoop him into my arms and cage him on my lap. I placed gentle kisses up and down his neck, softly brushing where I would one day mark him.

I paused when I heard his soft whimper and leaned back to check on him. He had an adorable blush across his cheeks and his eyes seemed to be unfocused. I wasn't sure if it was from the soft kisses or if the movie was sending him into little space. After a few minutes he seemed to compose himself and watched the rest of the movie.

When the movie was finished Alex and Noah excused themselves and headed back to Noah's place. I reminded Alex he and I are running patrols tomorrow and to make sure he was there on time. He confirmed he would be there and they headed out. I looked down at my love to see him fighting sleep, and nowhere close to winning.

I double checked that the house was locked up before carrying him up to bed and cuddling with him. He fell asleep easily, curling himself against my side as if he was trying to burrow underneath me. It took another half an hour before I was able to fully relax knowing my baby was safe in bed with me, sleeping. I allowed Damion control again after a brief conversation and we fell asleep for the night.