Chapter Twenty-Nine (Ryan's P.O.V)

I woke up super excited for Damion to get here. He said he had to ask me an important question. I couldn't stop bouncing around in my chair during breakfast and was so hyper that Maria offered to come with me into the backyard so I could work out some of my energy in my fox form.

I definitely took her up on that offer and pounced around outside for a while. After I bounced around Maria while she was trying to read on a blanket, she got up and played fetch and tug-of-war with me. It would probably offend some people to be treated like a literal dog when clearly, I am no ordinary pet, but I was not offended by it at all. I found it really fun, and it helped with my energy perfectly.

Damion showed up not long after lunch, which I bounced around in my chair for as well. As soon as I heard him approach the door I was out of my chair, and when he opened the door, I launched myself into his arms.

"Woah, easy Baby." He murmured while kissing me on my head. "How was your day?"

"Really fun! Maria and I played fetch and tug-of-war in the backyard, I ate breakfast, and I just ate lunch."

"Good job baby, I'm glad you had fun."

"What's the important question?"

"You just can't wait huh?" He joked softly, "I was thinking that, since your eighteenth birthday is just around the corner, we could celebrate at the pack house and-"

I couldn't stop the loud squeal that escaped before he could finish talking. I nodded eagerly, bouncing on the balls of my feet.

"We're going out for dinner tonight. Maria, Henry, and I planned it so go get dressed." He chuckled. I quickly darted up the stairs to find a good dinner outfit. Hmm the black leggings and pastel blue hoodie or the navy-blue leggings with the pastel purple hoodie.

I made my way back downstairs intending to ask for Damion's opinion, but noticed they were talking, whispering.

"I'm not sure if it will happen or not. He's not a female but he is the submissive partner in our relationship. I just wanted you guys to know about it just in case anything happens." Damion whispered.

"That doesn't help us much. If it does happen, what are we supposed to do?" Henry harshly whispered back.

"Easy, Hun," Maria murmured, "Being angry isn't going to change the situation. We'll let him make his own decision on the matter and support him however he needs us to."

There seemed to be a quiet mumble of agreement amongst them, so I quietly made my way back upstairs and made my footsteps a bit louder so they would know I was coming. Damion's bright smile met me at the bottom of the stairs, and I kissed his cheek. He kissed the top of my head and grabbed my hands.

"What's up, Love?" He murmured.

"Need help with an outfit." I whispered back.

He immediately followed me up the stairs and looked at the outfits I was torn between. He picked the purple hoodie outfit, so I took it with me into the bathroom to change. I wonder what they were talking about. Why was dad mad? Were they talking about me? They would tell me if it was about me, right? Right?

I finished quickly, suddenly anxious to be around everyone again. As I got back downstairs, they were whispering again. Damion turned as I stepped off the bottom step and came to me.

"Ready to go, Baby?" He asked.

I nodded and out the door we went. Damion and I rode separately from Maria and Henry even though we were all heading to the same restaurant. Damion held my hand while he drove and had the radio on softly for background noise. It didn't take us long to get to the restaurant with Maria and Henry pulling up just minutes after us. When we walked in Damion gave his last name to the hostess and she sat us at the table he had reserved.

Dinner was going great, the food was fantastic, but I couldn't shake the feeling that there was something he wasn't telling me. He must have noticed I was slightly withdrawn because he leaned in close next to my ear.

"What's wrong, Baby? Are you not having a good time?"

"No, I'm having a good time its just-"

"Just what Darling?"

I blushed at the new nickname but whispered a reply anyway. "I feel like you're keeping something from me."

He frowned slightly. "Enjoy your early birthday dinner Baby, it's nothing to worry about. I was going to wait and tell you about it tonight. It does have to do with you, but I wanted to wait until tonight so I would have time to answer all of your questions."

I was able to relax knowing that he had planned to tell me whatever it is and thoroughly enjoyed the rest of dinner. Damion informed me that this weekend the pack wanted me to go to the pack house so they could celebrate me turning eighteen as well. At the end of dinner Damion got a serious look on his face that immediately had all of my attention.

"I would like to discuss something with all of you though. Since Ryan is turning eighteen, I was hoping he and I would be able to get a place together. We wouldn't be far away from you guys, a house would be built on pack territory after all, but this would give you guys your space back as well as give us space to..umm...well... advance our relationship." Damion finished his speech with the slightest blush on his face that I couldn't help but find adorable.

Henry made direct eye contact with me. "Is that something you want to do, Ryan? If it is Maria and I will not be mad at you, you will always be our son, and you can come see us whenever you want to." He stated while maintaining eye contact. I think it was because he wanted me to know he was serious.

I took a minute to think about it and found myself nodding.

"I do. I think it would help Damion and I get to know each other better and work on our relationship. I have learned a bunch over these past months, and I thank you guys for all that you have done for me, but Damion and I are mates. I know there's so many things he's going to have to teach me regarding wolves and us being mates, but I really want to learn."

Henry nodded and Maria was smiling widely at me. When we got out to the parking lot Henry and Maria took turns hugging me tightly. It would take about a month for a house to be built on the pack lands so I wouldn't be moving out right away anyways.

We made it back to the house, Maria and Henry headed off to bed for the night, and Damion and I headed up to my room. I didn't miss the sharp look that Henry sent to Damion though. Wonder what that was about. Damion closed the door to the room, led me to sit on the edge of the bed, and began.

"Love, there are some things I need to tell you regarding mates. You're turning eighteen and we've been together for a while without mating," he said 'mating' with a soft blush coating his cheeks, "and there is a chance that you could go into heat."