Chapter Fifteen

Maria gasped in shock and grabbed onto the back of the chair Henry was seated in. Henry unconsciously tightened his hold around Ryan's waist. Damion, not understanding this was an abnormal event, breathed a sigh of relief.

"Can you feel it?" Damion whispered, forehead still pressed to Ryan's.

Ryan nodded and closed his eyes. They stayed like that for a few minutes before Ryan leaned back and tucked his face into Henry's neck. Damion's eyes flashed gold as he reached for Ryans nearly sleeping form. Henry sucked in a harsh breath and kept Ryan close.

Damion sighed and leaned back as well, standing and returning to his chair. Damion's wolf yipped happily in his head from being near his mate and that their mate accepted them.

"What?" Damion asked after realizing Henry and Maria were staring at him. They stayed quiet for a minute before Maria answered.

"Ryan is selectively mute. That's the first time we've ever heard him speak." She murmured brushing her hands through Ryan's hair. Ryan began to purr in his sleep at the familiar comforting gesture.

The news made his wolf puff out his chest in pride, being the first of them to hear his mate speak.

"This may be kind of forward, but may I get him some things and come over to your house? I would like to see where my mate lives and give him something to remind him of me when I'm not there." Damion asked.

Henry was hesitant but Maria agreed. "Their mates. We can't keep them apart. Besides it's better to have him over, this way you can keep an eye on both of them."

Henry nodded and absently stroked Ryan's back, sending the boy fully to sleep. Then he stood up, made sure the stuffed fox was secure between them, and left the back room. Maria and Damion followed behind him.

Alex was at the counter cashing out another customer. After the customer left, he turned to their group. "How'd everything go?"

"Good." Damion answered, " Do you guys need anything else from here?"

"Yea. We wanted to get him some more stuffed animals and some outfits for sure. Then we were just gonna see what else was here."

Damion nodded and followed them through isles as they shopped, occasionally commenting on an outfit or pacifier he liked. He made a mental note of the sizes they were grabbing in case he ever needed to get something.

After they left the store, Alex having cashed them out, Damion followed them back to their house in his own car. Henry carried Ryan upstairs and laid him down to continue his nap and returned downstairs to talk with his wife and Damion.