Chapter 22

A couple of hours had passed and it was now lunch time as I walked to the cafeteria I saw bella coming from her art class, so I quickly walked over to her, because let’s be honest if I ran I would probably trip. She then turns towards me.

“Hey Maddie, what class did you just come from?” she asks me.

“P.E. unfortunately.” I tell her disgusted by the mention of the dreadful class.

“I feel kinda bad for asking now.” she says as we walk over to a table, that nobody was sitting at, well after getting our food of course.

After eating for a couple of minutes I see Dylan walk over to the table and sit next to me, before kissing me on the cheek.

“Hey, Princess.” he whispers in my ear. 

“Hey,” I replied, slightly choking on my food.

“You okay Maddie?” Bella asks me, as Landon sits down next to her.

“Yeah I’m fine, just went down the wrong pipe. I’m fine now,” I say, before continuing to eat.

Soon lunch was over, and it was the 4th period. I had math, and it wasn’t passing by fast enough. I was so bored, the teacher had just told us to do a packet, and I finished it. And so now I had nothing to do. Soon the bell rang. Finally my last class of the day is health. 

Once I got to the classroom I sat down in my assigned seat. Soon everyone was in the class, the teacher called roll, and we began our lesson.

“Okay class, today we will be watching a video and at the end I will be putting you in pairs of two, and you will do a presentation on the video. And with that the video played.

***

Once the video was over the teacher stood up, with a paper in his hand and read off the pairs.

“Blake and Julie, Danial and Will, Jamie and Vanessa, Maddie and Marcus…” I then stopped listening after I heard who my partner was. And soon the bell rang, telling us that school was over. As I put my backpack on my shoulder I heard someone call my name.

“Maddie.” I turned around and saw Marcus.

“Yes Marcus?” I asked him.

“What part of the video do you wanna do for the presentation?” he asked me.

“Umm I don’t know, here I gotta go, but we can walk and talk.” I tell him. 

As we walked he was talking about what he wanted to do for the presentation, and soon we had reached my locker. And not even five minutes later he left, then Dylan immediately came over to me.

“Who the hell was that?” he asked me while pointing at Marcus.

“No one, why?” I asked.

‘He didn’t look like no one to me.” he says before folding his arms and leaning against the lockers.

“Is something wrong?” I asked him.

“Yeah, I don’t want you to hang out with that guy.” he tells me.

“Excuse me?” I ask confused.

“Just don’t hangout with him okay.” he says sounding kind of upset.

“As I said he’s nobody, and what’s the matter with you?”I ask him.

“Nothing I just don’t want you around him.” he tells me.

“Okay first off I can hangout with whomever I want, secondly why are acting like this?” I ask him.

“Like what?” he asks.

“Like you can tell me what to do, like I belong to you or something.”I say.

“Well your mine.” he says.

“Oh hell no I don’t belong to you I am my own person. And if you think you can just claim me, think again!” I tell him harshly, before I walk out the front doors and walk towards my house. I can’t believe him, I mean who does he is. He may be my boyfriend, but that doesn’t mean he owns me. And I sure as hell won’t let him control me. Why is he so possessive all the time, I swear it drives me nuts. He drives me crazy.

Once I got to my house I ran upstairs to my room and got out my laptop, before I turned on netflix. I needed to cool off after my argument with Dylan.

Dylan’s P.O.V.

After Maddie left I knew she was mad at me, so I decided to give her some time to cool off, while I did the same. So I decided to keep myself busy, by going to one of my gang’s warehouses to do some work. As I got into my car my mind kept on wandering back to my fight with Maddie. I knew it was my fault, but I didn’t know she’d react that way, but I guess that’s what I get for trying to control her. I was about halfway to the warehouse, when suddenly I felt a hard impact, before I blacked out.

Maddie’s P.O.V.

After a while of watching t.v. I had fallen asleep, only to be woken up by the sound of my phone ringing.

“H..hello.” I answered groggily.

“Maddie, come to the hospital quick, it’s Dylan.” I hear Landon say as I hear Gen crying in the background. I drop my phone, before I jump out of bed, put my shoes back on before  grabbing my phone again and running down the stairs and all the way to the hospital.

***

As soon as I arrived, I saw Landon in the waiting room as well as Gen and others from the gang.

“What happened, where is he?”  I asked Landon as I started to hyperventilate.

“He was in a car accident, he’s in surgery right now. They said he had a few broken bones as well as some other injuries.” he tells me.

Just then I burst out crying. The last thing we did was fight, what if, no Maddie don’t think like that. He has to make it, he just has to.