Yalie

August POV - 

"How I look baby?" I turned around in my new suit for the dinner Reba had invited me to. It was a classic black suit with a white shirt. No tie, because it wasn't specifically formal, but still I wanted to be fresh.

"Ooooo baby you look goodt! That's goodt with a capital T." Ki smiled brightly as she walked around me in a circle to check me out.

"Aw thank you baby." I slightly blushed. "But you know papa got that capital D too." I bit my bottom lip as I looked in her eyes.

"Is that right?" She said in a soft sexy tone.

"Yes it is." I pecked her lips.

"Then maybe you can share some of that capital D if your dinner goes well." She raised her brow.

"That's a plan." Our lips locked and we passionately kissed. I loved this woman so fucking much. Never thought I'd ever say that, after how we met.

I was nervous as hell, but kissing Ki and knowing I had her support calmed me.

"I'm so proud of you baby." She looked in my eyes.

"I ain't done nothing yet." I looked down on her, with a slight nervous smile.

"But you will. I already claim that for you." She softly touched both sides of my face and gave me one last kiss, before handing me my portfolio.

"I love you more than you know baby. And I am so grateful to God for you."

"I feel the same baby. So happy you came into my life." She kissed me for real one last time.

She grabbed my hands and we said a short prayer and I was out the door.

I swear the moment I pulled up to Reba's house I could feel every bit of my insides churning inside me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat in the car a moment to just catch my breath. Sorta ease my nerves. It didn't help that Reba had a mini-mansion, and I rolled up in this old Corolla. But I looked good, that I was positive of. I had my portfolio with my drawings. I had the support of my girl. I had God on my side. And I was just going to hold on to that.

I looked at the time on my phone, and finally got the courage to get out. So I wouldn't be too late.

I locked up the car, and walked to the door, took a deep breath and rang the bell.

"August." Reba answered the door with a big smile. She was dressed in a simple black cocktail dress, that had spaghetti straps.

"Don't you look nice." She said referring to my suit.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Well come in." She welcomed me in. "Everybody's in the lounge."

"Lounge?" I said.

"Yup." She showed me to this room in her house, that had expensive lounge chairs, and a full service bar.

"Cigar?" She got offered me one.

"No thank you."

"Well we at least got to get you a drink."

I looked around to see about ten people. Mostly white, with a couple of black people and one Asian person. Definitely ALL of them were rich.