Taking The L part 1

August POV-

Me and Kris were in the lobby of the apartment building after Ki left.

"Aug you my dude, but I can't fuck with if you go charging at my sister like you some damn linebacker in a football game."

"I wasn't going to hit her."

"Then what was all that shit for?"

"I was gonna let her ass know don't throw shit at me. That's like the fourth time she done did some shit like that to me, while she mad. I was cool the first three, but you not gon son me. Especially when yo ass is in the wrong."

"Honestly, both you niggas was wrong."

"How? I ain't did shit but try to be postive and uplifting toward her ass. And what she do? Tear me the fuck down by Mentioning your ex-boyfriend and deamning the fucking work I do to take care of your black ass? No. I wasn't fucking wrong. And I'm not accepting that."

"Honestly taking pictures of shit is stupid and if you wasn't doing it, you would probably think so too. But you think if Ki knew you did that, she would even mention that?"

"You shouldn't have to know that I do it, to respect me. It's like me saying I hate all fat people, but I'll make an exception for you Ki, cause you my girl. Hell no. I would never say anything like that, because I don't think like that. Her saying that shit let me know, that's how she think. She's an elitist just like her fucking dad and ex."

"No she's not."

"Camp from the moment she saw me and especially when she found out I was in jail, she looked down on me. Maya Angleou said when someone shows you who they are believe them the first time, I should've known that shit from the beginning. I'm her exception. She like, "I laugh at all broke niggas except you. I don't won't nobody like that. I want to be the rule. If you can't ride with me on the fucking bus you don't deserve to sit next to me in the limo. And trust me, a nigga may be struggling now, but I will hit limo status one day."

"Aug first of all my nigga you blowing this shit way out of proportion. You projecting your insecurities on Ki."

"Oh I ain't insecure I know who I am."

"Well if you ain't insecure then you'd know my sister practically worships the ground you walk on. My nigga you got her head so far gone. I ain't never seen Ki. Mean ass Ki, cater to no nigga the way she do you. And on top of that she like doing that shit!? Waking up every morning to make your breakfast and get your shit ready. Making you dinner and baths every night. Labeling shit in a house that I live in and telling me her own brother not to touch shit, cause it's yours. Every other word out her damn mouth your name? That seem like somebody that would intentionally degrade your black ass?"

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions. I been alone since a nigga been in jail. Since my mother died and I'm cool with it. Cause I can see the only person I can trust is myself and my art." I started walking back upstairs.

"Aug you can go around acting like you like being alone. But I see something with you and Ki. And I know she can fill holes in your life, your art can't ever fill."

I closed the door, drowning Kris out.

Kierra POV

Kris and I are were arguing in my room.

"He must've paid you out of his shit shoveling salary, reason why you up his ass."

"I don't care which way you put it Ki you was wrong. He ain't got to pay me for me to see that."

"You make sure you remember that if you ever fall on hard times again. Who took you in when mama kicked you out."

"That has nothing to do with it. You threw the flowers at him. I hate when females do shit like that, then expect niggas not to react. And you do that shit all the time Ki when you mad. You violently lash out. Then you play victim."

"I see you would've watch him hit me."

"First off if that was the case I would'nt have held his ass back. What you think I was doing? Calming his ass down. And he wasn't going to hit you. Cuss you out, but not hit you. He ain't like that, and you threw plenty of shit at him before and he didn't do anything."

"Whatever Kris I'm just glad I see what type of brother you are. You choose some felon who was using me over your own blood."

"Using you for what? Money? You ain't got that. A place to stay? Me and him was paying the bills. Sex? Yo ass be jumping all over him so what is he using you for? He said that out of anger. Just like you up here calling him an ex felon and shit, but every other word that came out of your fucking mouth was August. August this. August that."

"Wow you're really defending him."

"Im not defending either one of y'all stupid asses. But I am gon tell y'all the truth. Just like I told him. Y'all problem is neither one of y'all wanna take a L. He wanna act like he okay being alone. And you wanna act like just the other night, you want screaming this nigga name from here to heaven."

I rolled my eyes.

"Do you love him?"

"No."

Kris gave me a stale face.

"I don't. You not gon disrespect me and expect my love."

"Nigga you love this nigga dirty drawls. And if you want him back just take the L Ki."

"Why me? I already apologized to his beige ass and he didn't' want it."

"Your mouth is what got y'all here. And if he would've been the beginning cause of the drama I would've said the same thing to him."

"I'm not apologizing anymore. I did it, he rejected it so I'm done."

"Aight. But I want you to remember you had a man who didn't think you were shit because of the dreams you had. And aug was that nigga willing to shovel shit so you could achieve your dreams. If both of y'all wanna act like y'all relationship ain't worth fighting for. Be stupid." Kris walked out and slammed the door.