Crazy Night

Jidenna and Ki's father in the m/m. I had to add Jidenna to a story y'all, he is the new love of my life lol. Ooo jesus be some water to rid me of all my thirst. lol

Kierra P. O.V. 

August hadn't spoken to me except an occasional, "what's up" for three days straight. He hadn't slept with me either. He had been locked up in Kris's room, drawing and sulking over how his interviews went. I can imagine how he felt. He got the same response from Target and Walgreen's. 

But what I don't understand is how is he doing all this talk about having faith to me,  yet he is moping around. 

"August." I opened the door to Kris's room. He was laying on the bed drawing, with only the light from the television. 

"What's up?" He said dryly, not looking up. 

"Can you say something to me besides what's up? That's all you've been saying the past three days."

"What else you want me to say Ki?" He looked at me frustrated. 

"Is this what you're going to do everyday? Sit in the dark and doodle."

"I don't doodle.  I create art." He said snappily. 

"Whatever. Get out of this room."

"Why?"

"Because I want to take you some where."

"I don't feel like going." He went back to drawing. 

"August, how the hell are you going to give me this whole philosophical spill about faith and trust the plan, and not take your own advice." 

"It's different for me."

I rolled my eyes.  "August don't give me a woe is me speech."

"Get out then. Cause that's all I got. They took everything else. I was on the right track in school and shit, they took school from me by locking me. I can't get a job because everybody is reminding me I'm a fucking felon. And I have no family left. My mother dead.  So yes, I ain't got shit but a woe is me speech." He went back to drawing. 

"August get ready." I stood at the door with my hand on my hip. 

"I told you I'm not going. I don't feel like it."

"You don't even know what it is?"

"What is it?" He looked  up at me. 

"It's a--"

"Eh! I don't wanna go." He spoke over me, then went back to "Creating art." 

I sucked my teeth and smirked at how ignorant he was being. 

"You are being really petty. Just cause you don't get those jobs doesn't mean you won't get one. Everybody doesn't think that way. You will find something. I will find something. And we gon be good, isn't that what you told me?  Now get your ass up!" I partially yelled. 

"Who you yelling at?" He looked at me like who you talking to me. 

"You fool." I laughed. 

"Just for that I'm not going. I don't respond to aggression." He went back to art making. 

"Boy if you don't..." I kissed my teeth and stood with my hands on my hip, tapping my foot. He was irking my last damn nerve.   I swear I wanted to strangle him. 

"August." 

"Speak to me like I'm a man and not a boy, then I will get up."

"And how am I supposed to speak to you as a man?"