Make Ups

"Pic aug drew of Bessie in m/m."

August POV-

I looked at my phone as I ate my cup of noodles in the breakroom by myself. Ki always called me on my lunch and I look forward to it. Seeing as this place was pretty lonely. I worked alone and I ate alone.

But she was mad at me so I got no call. No smile to meet me when I opened my eyes. No breakfast after I got dressed. No kiss as he handed me my lunch. She didn't even wake up or crack the door open when she thought I was about to leave.

I love Ki, I do. But some things as a man, you just don't want to tell your girl.

What was I going to say? Your ex basically shitted on me and all I did was stand there and take it.

How would I look in her eyes?

Weak as hell! That I didn't even have the courage to fight back, regardless of the circumstances.

I let this man demean me and all I did was walk away and go back to my job of scooping up shit.

Who wants to admit that to anybody? Let alone their girl.

He was Drake and I was Meek Mill in this situation. If I was famous they'd be making all kind memes outta me for that weak ass response I had. And then if I ever saw him again, I would have to do the same thing.

That is if I cared about keeping this job, which although it was pretty lowly work, paid a great deal.

And it wasn't like I had a lot of opitions anyway. I had to lie just to get this, because telling the truth wasn't yielding me any results.

I checked my phone one more time to make sure I didn't miss anything, I hadn't.

Not having Ki there to pass the rest of the time, I just went back to the stables and was going to finishing drawing my "work wife" Bessie. That's the nickname I gave her.

"Hey work wife."

She made a sound and moved her tail as I opened the stall.

"Sit down so I can draw you Bess." I made the motion to sit down as I sat on a haystack in the corner. She sat, putting her head down on the ground looking at me.

"Good girl." I chuckled taking out my notebook and pencil. I begain to draw her. When I was almost done a short skinny red head came in, in a rider's outfit.

"Bessie." She called.

Bessie stood up.

She opened the stall. The lady screamed startled at me.

"Sorry I didn't know anyone was in here." She said trying to calm herself down.

"My bad." I stood up. My picture dropped to the ground.

"You drew that?" She looked at it.

"Yeah."

"Can I see it?"

"Sure." I handed it to her.

"Bess look at how beautiful you are." She showed Bessie the picture. "I'm sorry how rude of me. I'm Reba. Bessie's trainer." She held out her hand.

"August. I clean the stables." I shook her hAnd.

"The way you draw, you should be doing art full time. Not cleaning stables." She let out a laugh.

"I don't mind. I got my work wife Bess." I chuckled rubbing Bessie.

"Oh my God are you the one Jack was telling me she was chewing your hair?"