Taking The L Part 2

****jidenna in m/m."
Jidenna is really Nigerian so you know.

Kierra POV-

I decided to take my brother's advice. I loved August and I wasn't going to let something stupid come between us. If I had to take the L (meaning loss) in this situation- I'd just have to put on my big girl panties and do it.

I gave him the whole Sunday. I didn't call or text. He didn't either. But now I was pulling up to the parking lot of his job and to show him how much I cared, respected and loved him, since it was race day, I was going to swallow my pride and take the photos and hand them to them people.

I pulled in the parking lot, parked my car and as soon as I was about to get out a grey Maserati pulled up directly in front of me with the license plate - Classic Man.

I debated whether I should get back into the car locking all my doors or go straight to the country club and wait for Aug to sign in.

The car's engine stopped and Jidenna and his friends got out. I rolled my eyes and proceeded toward the country club where I would wait in the lobby until August came. But this is the last thing I needed when I was trying to make up with my sunshine.

I went inside, greeted by the white lady at the desk.

"Can I help you?"

"Uh yeah, did August sign in yet?"

"Oh no. He hasn't got here yet. But he should be here in a few."

"Okay thanks." I sat on one of the couches.

I heard the door open and the busters and their leader walked through.

"Check in Jay." I heard Jidenna tell his friend. I didn't look up from my phone but I felt him looking at me.

His friend's went to check in and he walked over and sat next to me crossing his legs men styles. I tried to ignore him.

"Love Bug I know you see me."

"Stop calling me that." I scooted to the far end of the couch.

"Want us to go get a table?" Jay came back over after they signed in.

"Yeah. I'll be over there."

They shook their heads they understood and went inside the country club restaurant/bar.

Why won't he get away?

"Breakfast? On me?"

I ignored him.

He let out a slight chuckle.

I sighed in annoyance.

"Lovebug at one point you did love me. Let's not forget that."

I got up and went to another couch. He sat there for a minute smirking, stroking his beard looking at me. He got up and stood behind me bending down to my ear.

"You can try to act like I wasn't important to you, but you and I both know, you're my soul mate."

I got up and went outside. It had begun to rain, but I stood underneath the covering they had on the porch.

He followed me outside.

"Jidenna get the fuck away from me. I asked you already."

"Nobody hurt me worse than you did Ki."

"I'm not talking about this here with you."

"Typical Ki. It's easier to paint me as the bad guy because then you'd have to relive your sins."

"My sins? That was the best decision I made in my life."

"Really?"

"Yeah it was."

"killing a child was the best decision you ever made?"

"Call it what you want."

"I'm not calling it anything. That's what abortion is. And to not give me a fucking choice?"

"You made your choice. Every time you belittled me. Every time you chose work over me. Every time you--"

"Hold up belittle? Kierra I never, ever, belittled you."

"What do you call not supporting my dreams?"

"Because I got upset because you declined to be a Rhodes Scholar one of the most freaking prestigious awards ever because you want to design to some fucking baby rooms?"

"You don't get it."

"I do. What type of man would I be if I allowed my woman to live below her potential."

"But it was what I wanted to do Jidenna. I didn't need you judging it. All I needed was your support. Support that August gives me. And how dare you look down on him?"

"Kierra please. You know where I come from. I was fucking with him. Just like you fucked with Breanne."

"Your white queen."

"See there you go."

"And she left you high and dry."

"Actually I dumped her."

"Hm." I rolled my eyes.

"And you know why? Because despite you killing our baby my life ain't the same."

"Jidenna please. Save the bullshit for gullible hoes. Cause I'm not one."

"I come from Nigeria. A village with  no running water. My father was a waiter in a country club just like this out there. I seen white men degrade him constantly. He couldn't even eat at the restaurant in which he served food. When I came to America as a foreign exchange student, my only thought was I gotta make a better life for my father. Get him to a place where he didn't have to serve but could be served. And I got this internship with this finance exec who taught me how I could do that. And he has this daughter I fall in love with. And you kill our baby because I spent more time working to send money home instead of listening to your fucking dreams? You're selfish. And you're going to  rot in hell for what you did."

He went inside.

I sighed and went inside to sit on one of the couches.

I saw Jidenna through the glass of the restaurant eating. He rolled his eyes and continued to eat and laugh with his friends.

I didn't even feel like being here anymore. I got in my car and drove back home.