Chapter Sixteen

~~Monoma POV~~

Vlad's gonna start the spell soon, and we have to bring the bakusquad up to his pavilion where the spell's to be performed. It's supposed to take about an hour to complete, but it could take longer, because he's conducting the spell on five different people.

Like I said, we have to carry the humans up to the pavilion, and there just happens to be the perfect amount of us to get all of them in one trip. I'm to take Shinsou, and go directly to the overhang and wait for the others to meet us there. Kendou is to take Mina, Nejire takes Kaminari, Tamaki takes Sero, Tetsu takes Kirishima, and Mirio takes Bakugou, While Eri flies directly to the overhang as well. Once they drop them off, Tetsu, Kendou, and the big three are to fly to the overhang as well. From there we'll watch the whole thing.

"Why don't you guys just have stairs or ladders?" Mina asked when we were about halfway up. "It's a lot faster to just fly to all of the houses, so we really have no need for them. It's also way easier." It was Tetsu who answered. "I guess we might as well add some soon though, if you guys are gonna be living in the village all the time." After that the flight there was mostly silent, until Kaminari spoke up. "Is it gonna hurt?" "No, it's not going to hurt, it should be completely painless" Vlad's voice echoed from the pavilion. "Let's get on with it, we need to start training you guys as soon as possible." and with that, we all left to the overhang.

. . .

~~Shinou POV~~

It really wasn't all that interesting. Mostly just Vlad wrapping some weird twine or bramble around the wrists of the bakusquad and whispering some weird rune. Well, the bramble glowed for a minute, but that's it. Pretty uninteresting.

The cool part was the magic they could now use.

So the spell was to analyze, pretty much the entirety of their person, and convert it to where they are practically fairies, at least in terms of magic and abilities. It basically turned them into half-fairies. They each had different magic too. Kaminari had some sort of basic lightning power thing, Mina sweats some sort of bio-acid, Sero can spin a strong, sometimes sticky silk from his elbows, Kirishima can harden his skin into a stoney, scale-like armor, and Bakugou can blow stuff up. They've got cool magic.

We all went to a collection of closely spaced clearings, each human going with one fairy to train their magic, and duel with each other. We decided to just pair up in our groups from before. Once everybody left, it was just me, Monoma, and Eri. "So, how about we start with something simple, like telling me to fly up to that tree." Monoma said.

Well, I kinda have to ask him a question.

"Are you sure we should be working on things this simple?" I ask. "well , i mean-" Monoma starts. Got him. Works every time. "Fly up to that tree, then jump back down." I said. Monoma did so, and after he was back safely on the ground, I let go of my control of his mind. He chuckled. "Good, but what if you had to face someone else who's a magical human?" Monoma said, touching something in his pocket, then lunging towards me. I dodged.

"A little warning next time?" he didn't respond. Guess it's not going to work on him again so soon. Physical combat it is. Stepping behind him, I grabbed Monoma's shoulder in my right hand, his wrist in my left, and pinned him face down in the dirt, putting my knee on his back so he can't get up. We did normal combat training too, not just training with my magic. "What was that, about playing the part of another magical human? Wouldn't they be able to fight, if I'm stuck in a fight with them?" just then, thorn-covered brambles started growing from his fingertips and wrapping around my foot. What the.? Isn't this Tamaki's magic? He must have eaten blackberries earlier. I jumped back, almost tripping over the brambles growing around my feet, but regaining my balance. "What was that?!" I yelled. "Oh, just-" monoma started. Got him again. "Stop attacking. The duel is over." I stopped controlling him. He stood up. "What do you mean? Why did you end the match?" He asked. "Well, I wanted to work on controlling multiple people at once. If we're gonna be fighting big groups of humans all at the same time, I'm gonna need to control more than one at once, and I can't really do that if i get a pounding migraine each time."

"Oh. You could'a just said so." Monoma said. "You okay with this Eri? If not we can go get someone else." I asked. "No, it's fine." She responded quietly. "Alright" I said. "Hey Monoma?" "Of course-" "Eri, do you know how my magic works?" "Shinsou what just happened to Mono-". They both went silent, and my head started to hurt a little, but nothing I couldn't deal with. "Now both of you, walk to opposite sides of the clearing, then walk back to where you are now." They did so. "Now both of you walk to me." They did that too. My head was hurting quite a bit more now, but I can deal with it. "Why don't you walk to the edge of the clearing opposite of me." after they did that my head was hurting to the point where I felt like I would faint, so I let them go, sliding to my knees on the forest floor.

"That was,, really weird! I... I don't think I want to do that again." Eri called from across the clearing, clambering through the bush she'd walked into. Monoma joined in as well. "Those weren't even very complex commands. How long were we being controlled?" he asked. I checked my watch. "About two t." I answered. That still felt kind of dumb. I hadn't even gotten them to do very much before giving up. "I want to try again." I said, standing. "Shinsou, you're going to hurt yourself-" " I'll be fine, let's go again. I'll see how long I can hold just one person." "...Ok."

. . .

1066 words! whoa!

ok, but in all seriousness, i'm real sorry i haven't updated in so long, i just lost motivation for like, two weeks, then was swamped in stuff. But now, thanks to Corona, i have so much Fuckin' free time, and i already have other chunks of it written, so i'm going to be updating more often! if i remember! 

goddamn, it's already up to 1135 words now. ok.