chapter fourteen

. . .

~~Shinsou POV~~

We should be back within an hour or two. I just hope we're not too late.

"Hey Eri. you sure you don't wanna stop for a minute? You've been moving for several hours straight. Are you sure you're not tired?" "Yeah. I'm fine. It's only a little ways until we get back anyways, but maybe... we should walk the rest of the way.." Eri called from ahead. "Alright" i said, climbing back down the tree. Un-luckley, it has quite a slippery trunk, which caused me to lose my grip and fall. I was pretty close to the ground, so I wasn't actually injured though. At this Eri laughed. "Real graceful, Shinsou!" "Oh stop! How was I supposed to know this tree was this slippery?" "Because it's practically all green, there's so much wet moss on it! Silly!" after that we just kept walking.

Eri knew exactly where each and every fallen log was in this part of the forest. I had heard about how she had lived alone in the forest before she was found by Mirio, but i didn't know it was long enough to memorize the layout of multiple miles of land. Maybe she just has great memory.

After about an hour, Eri shouted. "Look! There it is Shinsou, we're almost home!" then she took off in a run with the occasional ten foot leap. I took off after her, just happy to see that the village isn't destroyed. But, i stopped a little ways away. "Eri, what if the don't want me back? What if they think i'm a traitor because I left?" I asked.

"Shinsou, I know that they want you back, I heard them talking about it. I certainly don't think of you as a traitor." Eri reassured. "Thanks Eri. ok, lets go."

And with that we walked through a flower laced crossing of branches into the village.

. . .

~~Monoma POV~~

"Hey! Monoma! You're gonna wanna see this!"

"What is it Kendo? Did Eri come back?" I called back out to her. "Just go see!" I look around, and see her walking through one of the main gateways to the village, and I could never miss that lavender ball of floof trailing behind her.

. . .

372 words