Chapter ten

. . .

~~Shinou POV~~

It was a long car ride home. And no, it wasn't my dad who drove me, he's too 'busy fixing the setbacks' i made. It was my mother, Hizashi. Technically he was also my father, but I called him mom. At least i bought the fairies a few extra days. I hope they can evacuate in time..

My thoughts were interrupted by mom. "I'm sorry he made you come home, i know you really liked it there. He really only did it to keep you safe, i'm sure." "well by 'keeping me safe', he might have just doomed thousands." I retorted under my breath. "what do you mean? The only people in that forest were his team." oh boy. "Well... you see, there are fairies living in that forest, in the area that dad wants to cut down. I was trying to save them. Now they all might die." "oh, Shin, honey, you know fairies aren't real. That's just a child's tale-" mom started. "NO MOM! THEY'RE NOT IMAGINARY! THEY'RE REAL, AND I CAN PROVE IT! I JUST NEED TO GO BACK SO I CAN SHOW YOU! I MADE FRIENDS WITH ONE, HIS NAME WAS MONAMA AND HE- He- I just don't want him to die alright! I don't want any of them to die! They never did anything to him, how can dad just kill them like that?!" I yelled, starting to cry again. Mom had a genuine look of sadness in his eyes. "I'm sorry honey, but there's nothing we can do now. You know how mad aiza- dad would be if he saw us back in the forest. I wish I could help, I really do, but I can't. I'm sorry." I just continued so sob quietly for the rest of the car ride.

When we arrived home, it was nearly dark, and I was so tired from crying, i didn't even wait for my mom to ask what I wanted for dinner and went straight to bed.

I awoke later though, from another nightmare, just like the first, but instead this time, there were the dead bodies of fairies scattered all around, including ones I recognize. Nejire, Mirio, Tamaki, even little Eri, who had barely started living her life, before it was cruelly ended by my father's hands. I continued to look around the corpses, praying I wouldn't find who I thought I'd find. Kendo. Tetsu. Vlad. and then i saw him, still barely alive as if hanging by a string. I rushed over, dropping to my knees and scooping him up. "Monoma no! Come on, please,no!" I had said. "Nononono no don't die. You can't, no no NO! Don't fucking die, alright?! don't you dare! I can't lose you, your the only friend I've got!" I ruffled though my backpack. "Shit! One of these has got to heal you, right?!" I had said, grabbing the bottles. None of them worked. "It's- it's fine Shinsou, i'm not.. Really.." he said, drifting of into never-ending slumber. "Shit! Nonononono don't fucking die! Don't die. Don't- don't.." I yelled, clutching his now lifeless body. That was when i woke up.

I had actually been crying in my sleep. And apparently yelling, because mom came rushing upstairs and through the door of my room. "WHAT'S WRONG?! WHO'S KIDNAPPING YOu- oh. I'm sorry honey, are you okay? You were crying and yelling, and thrashing about, I thought someone had tried to kidnap you." I dried my eyes on my sleeve. "No, I'm fine, just a nightmare, you go back to bed mom." "sounded like a pretty bad nightmare, are you sure you're alright?" "yeah just, I don't want to keep you up, you have to go to work tomorrow, I'm fine." "alright, see you in the morning then." and with that, he went back downstairs.

I have to go back. If that happens for real... alright. I'm going back tonight.

I start packing my stuff as soon as I'm sure moms asleep. A flashlight, my phone for the gps, some food, two spare changes of clothes, and the bottles from the other day. I don't know what they do, only the one Monoma drank had the anti-invisibility potion in it, any of the ones I have might come in handy.

I quietly walk downstairs, grabbing mom's car keys off the counter. Putting on a sweatshirt, i walk out the door, and go to the garage. We keep a spare can of gas in there for emergencies. After emptying the gas can, I hopped inside the car and turned the key.

. . .

762 words