Whirlpool

Diya shuffled through his clothes, to find a sign of anything, any paper or any ticket that could tell her where Arjun had gone, he kept ignoring his call and she was worried for him now. She couldn't call his parents or siblings because what if they got worried and if he did go home she would've definitely gotten a call from sumitra or Dev asking her why she hadn't come. 

She tried to dig information from her and his colleagues trying to inquire if there was some meeting in Delhi that he had gone for. She was constantly texting him and trying to call him. For a minute she thought about going to Delhi but it would be unwise to leave everything here and go, and even if she were to go to Delhi, where would she find him. Worried sick she jolted one of his paints and out came his grandfather's watch. 

She smiled at it. She dialed a different number this time, "Hello, vansh! Is that you? Yeah long time no see dude, achha actually I had some work, listen are you still into working with watches? Yeah I actually had a really ancient watch, and it doesn't work, I was hoping you could take a look and maybe figure something out? yeah? cool, of course, yeah yeah, I'll see you around, bye!"

She sat on the bed her eyes gleaming with pride it was a moment of relief she experienced before she got down to worrying about Arjun again. 

Diya heard her phone ring, she immediately picked it up without even checking who it was just hoping in her heart that it was Arjun. "Diya beta" it was her father, "Yeah I just checked with everyone in the company, there is no meeting scheduled for Arjun today, There is a strike going on in Delhi and UP, is everything okay tho?"

"yea yeah papa, Don't worry, I just heard from him, he is with his friends" She lied so as to not worry her father 

At 6.45 she rang Arjun again, this time the call got through, her heavy heart lightened with every ring that rung and then became heavy again with every ring that rung until someone picked up

"Hello"

"HelloArjun!omgwhereareyouI'vebeenworriedsickforyou!" Diya said in one go

"Diya stop calling me again and again! I'm busy in a meeting! nonsense disturbances" Arjun said coldly and hung up. Diya was shocked at his response. Was this his response for not getting any action for a few days? And here Diya was falling for every bit of him. There was no meeting in Delhi or anywhere else. Her dad had confirmed it, his colleagues had confirmed it, her colleagues has confirmed it. There was no meeting schedules for today.  had She suddenly felt her appetite disappear as she pulled up the walls that she had pulled down for him, yet again. She placed herself again inside a fortress and lay down under the sheets but sleep didn't come to her. She was yearning the touch, the voice, the face of a man who probably wasn't even interested her in that way that she was interested in him. But more than that, she felt insulted, betrayed and she constantly hoped that there was a way to explain this. 

-

A day passed and Diya didn't call or text Arjun, she wanted to but Ego was the issue. This ego is a very fucked up thing, it fucks you up in every way possible. Stops parents from talking to their son, siblings from talking to each other and makes lovers want to quit their feelings in every possible way.

At 5.30 PM Diya received a few pictures, and a video that looked like a security camera footage. 

Arjun was standing there. Outside the hotel room. He rang the bell. A woman in a red negligee came outside, ran down her hands against his face and smiled at him. At no point was Arjun's facial expression visible to her. Arjun entered the room and the video ended.

Diya felt wrenched. Her stomach pulled in. It felt heavy like it was churning. More like a whirlpool was going on in there that would suck her in. Her chest felt heavy. And her heart, she could make it stop beating right now. Heartbroken, that would be an apt word but then when there was no love then how could there be heart break Diya thought to herself. She didn't love him she told herself, it was more a declaration than assurance.