Guy count

"Hmm, so you're saying Mehul and Aanchal planned all this? Makes quite the sense" Arjun said as he put the phone down. It was good to be back in his office but he missed the coziness of Rajghera. He was supposed to go for Meeta's baby shower but he wasn't sure if that was a great idea. 

"Rajghera project's mess" Dev said as he entered with a few files. Arjun had given Mehul an off for a few days to dig in and see if any other papers were meddled with.

"What do you mean?" 

"That right now, you guys have exceeded the timeline and the funds, and in the past 3 weeks there has been some serious mismanagement there" 

"I know, Diya left all of it abruptly and now there's a lot of work left, half of the working part that I don't know about, dad is sick, gosh, everything is a real mess" 

"Then ask her to start working with you again. I mean I don't know what went down between you guys but I know well enough that both of you're professionals, besides this is papa's dream project"

"It's complicated, I can't just ask her to come back to work with me, it's weird"

"Why not, I mean her father is on the board of directors, the company is equally hers"

"Yeah dev, if only it could be that easy" Arjun muttered flipping through the pages of a file and not looking up

"Forget Rajghera, I don't know what mess Mehul has made in the paper, but its an utter mess, like you'll need someone efficient to take care of it's management asap! Do you know someone who can?"

"Diya" Arjun whispered 

"So you are you going to ask her to?"

"Idk"

"bhai, what you don't know is whether you want this divorce or not!" Dev said impactfully, placing the file on the table and leaving. Arjun looked up to see him leave. This immature lad sometimes made so much sense. 

Did he want this divorce? no, every nerve of his body flinched at the thought of Diya not being his wife. He wasn't obsessed with her, he didn't want this separation. He hated the thought of not being able to stay in a room with her again. Did Diya want this divorce? probably, she did seem pretty mad at him.

But really, could a relationship be his priority now? He was the CEO responsible for thousands of jobs and thousands of other consumers. There was only one way to get Diya on board, he had to talk to her father, after all he was the board of director of the company.

He picked up his coat and left the office.

-

Arjun got to the floor and was stunned to see all the decorations and guests, he wasn't sure if he should go in but decided to anyway. Meanwhile Diya kept looking at the door, she was dressed up and overseeing all the arrangements. She wanted to keep her mind of Arjun but watching Meeta and Vedant cozying up, wasn't exactly helping her. Arjun tried to discreetly get into the house and moved towards the study hoping to find Chandraprakash.

-

"err papa, sorry uncle, sorry, err, sir, actually, I just found out that Mehul has been indulging in some dishonest practices, and our finances are a little messed up because of that, on such a short notice, we can't get anyone who we trust to take the post, and I was hoping you would convince Diya to take the job, of the CFO"

"Arjun, beta this is a huge step, I mean, I don't want to impose anything on Diya right now, after all this, I can't say anything, you'll have to ask her" Chandraprakash responded

"But sir, company ka sawaal hai" Arjun tried to reason

"Beta, company or meri khushiyon ke liye Diya ne jab apni khushi rondh di, ab mein usse aur kuch kaise maang sakhta hoon, as I father now, I can't promise anything beta, if Diya says yes, then why should I have a problem"