The heart wants what it wants

Diya woke up earlier than usual, she could feel the weight of something on her body, she woke up to realize that it was Arjun's hand. She tried to push his hand away repeatedly to get out of the bed but Arjun kept pulling her back, he then groaned and groggily said, "Why are you getting out of the bed, I was so comfortable ughh"

"Mr. Arjun Goenka, I am not used to so much affection, and I can't digest it"

"Affection, who said it was affection, I was using you as a pillow"  He said finally letting go of her waist, stretching his hands and yawning. 

"Pillow!? come up with a better excuse"

Arjun came closer to her, the blanket still covering him, while Diya sat on the edge of the bed, "Yeah pillow, you're so fluffly fluffy, and cozy cozy" he said holding her cheeks with her hands from the behind. Oh my god, have I gotten fat, was Diya's first question to herself, yeah yeah with all this desi ghee and no exercise, I must have, Diya thought. "Okay then, I'll have to get less fluffly na, let me go for a jog" She said getting up

"Oh no DIya, no, i didn't mean that" Arjun said chuckling, "But you know, if you really wanna exercise, I know this exercise that we can do on the bed" Arjun said playfully pulling Diya closer to him.

Diya took a fluffy pillow on the bed and threw it on him. "No no here you go, you enjoy your fluffly pillow!" She said with a humph and went to the bathroom. Arjun had a hearty laugh. 

-

Work had been busy as usual, they were now focusing on the electricity plant but were relatively less busier than they had been in the past 2 weeks. There were moments that Arjun would try to make a move but would be interrupted because of something or the other. Playful eye contact and smiling as well as a little bit of flirting became a casual thing 

Arjun opened the door of Diya's cabin and said like a boss would address his employee, with a stoic face, "Diya, Inspection, now". Diya raised her head up and then checked her watch, "What about class at school today?" she raised her eyebrows referring to the painting classes that Arjun had taken up at school. "tonight" Arjun said as he grinned widely to Diya, "Arjunn, no be serious, you go take up your class, I'll take care of the inspection"

"Oh come on, I can skip it for a day"

"No you can't you'll have to practice teaching good students right for you to master teaching the bad ones" Diya said playfully managing to subtly remind him of their incomplete painting that awaited them. Arjun began laughing and closed the door on his way out. 

-

The tired couple came home at night. Arjun changed into his pyjamas and came outside and saw Diya staring at the painting that they had begun but was incomplete. 

He pulled out the canvas from the the shelf and placed it on a better stand that resembled the easel in its functioning. He quickly took his tool kit out and pulled Diya towards the changed position of the canvas. 

"Are you prepared to learn" He said getting the brush out. He then instructed Diya to mix a few colors on the palatte, she listened and learnt and followed him carefully. If someone would have seen them, they'd believe that it was a purely platonic relationship, until Diya held the brush. She tried to follow the strokes that Arjun explained to her but by the end of it, Arjun had come closer to her, his hand held her waist and the other hand held Diya's hand, stroking the brush to get the perfect shades of pink and orange on the canvas. 

There was the cool breeze from the balcony that blew her hair and also the newspapers that had been lying there to prevent paint from dirtying the room. With her hands dirty and hair all over the face Diya turned around trying to not get her hair dirty and she was suddenly face to face with Arjun.