Aftermath of the wedding

It was a rather long drive to Arjun's mansion, we reached to see the house swarming with relatives, they longed to look at my face. Arjun and I stood side by side,still held together by a rather long piece of cloth. His mother arrived with a plate filled with flowers and a diya,  as in a candle. There was a bowl filled with rice, I pushed it inside the house with my right foot, put both of my feet in a plate full of vermillion in water and walked on the white cloth that got the imprints of my feet as all the others walked beside and after me. With another round of touching the relatives feet, my back was hurting and so was my entire body but stood there smiling, I didn't even know why I was putting in so much effort. The ladies commented, "Meeta, the previous one was so fair and petite, so pretty, wonder what kind of a love they both have between them, Arjun is also handsome, wonder what made him fall for someone so dark and tall!"

I of course chose to ignore them just as I had ignored everything else, I couldn't wait to get out of there. 

Finally they got me to Arjun's room, which was apparently gonna be my room, it seemed newly furnished and was really bright with a lot of photo frames that were yet to be placed with photographs. I instantly knew that I was gonna put all of my  posters on my share of the wall. With the help of his sister, Shreya, I sat on one corner of the bed in the clothes that were probably half my weight! I had my phone tucked in my tiny purse along with the pepper-spray that I wouldn't have to use, hopefully!

Arjun entered the room and locked it from the inside, he slowly moved towards me and said, "My side of the bed, if you don't mind"

"of course' I stammered under my breath as I got up putting in all my effort. I want and sat on the chair in front of the dressing table. The room was decorated with flowers, roses and lilies!

I started taking the jewelry out, with great difficulty! When suddenly Arjun got up, he began walking towards me and in no time I felt his hand on my neck. I shuddered and Arjun felt it, he didn't flinch though. He began removing the jewelry, first the necklace and then the earrings. I had left the purse on the bed and the pepper spray was in there! Next thing I knew he began taking the safety pins out of my exorbitant dress! That's when I put my hand on his hand and said "Arjun, I am not ready for this", He stopped for a moment but began to continue, "what makes you think that in a situation like this I would have any intention like that! I thought you needed help and that's what I am doing. Irrespective of whether or not we love each other, My duty is to protect you and that is exactly what I am doing". 

To which I replied aggressively, "I am an independent women, financially strong and physically able so I do not require any kind of protection!" 

"Too bad hon, you should've run away from the wedding as well, you didn't so I am forced to take you under my wing"

"Like I said before, I am strong and I don't run away from things, I can help my self!" I looked around and said "Umm, do you know where my suitcase is though?"

"I thought you didn't need my help!"

"oh forget it! I'll just have to sleep in these clothes"

"Arjun opened his cupboard and took a pair of tracks,he also began looking for something, while I unbraided my short hair, preparing myself to sleep in that mess when he flung some clothes at me!

"This will probably fit you" He said indifferently

After he used the washroom, I went in and suddenly everything flashed before me, my life in mumbai, my ex boyfriend akhil, the miscarriage, meeta, Arjun, My parents, the wedding and I began crying really hard. I switched on the shower so he couldn't here me cry. I came out of the bathroom at 3 in the morning after giving myself some motivational speeches. Arjun lay on one side of the bed, fast asleep. I took the other side and didn't realize when I slept!