Chapter 18

"Y/n."

I woke up to Killua gently shaking me awake. I rolled my eyes at him and put the pillow over my head.

"5 minutes." I mumbled. He chuckled slightly and I felt him tuck a strand of my h/c hair behind my ear.

"Y/n, we're gonna miss our boat back to Yorknew if you do this." He said gently. I sat up  groggily, pushing my hair away from my face and smiling at him. He had obviously just showered, and he smelt good. I breathed in his familiar aroma and swung my legs out the side of the bed, yawning and stretching. Killua and I had decided to leave Whale Island since we figured it was actually safer to be surrounded by lots of people if we were being watched. Here, they could easily find us. We kept going back on our decisions but we figured it was better to keep moving than stay in one place for too long.

"It's annoying, but it's for the best." Killua said weakly, offering his hand for me to take so I could stand up. I took it gratefully, half falling into him in the process. I was never an early riser, and he knew that.

"For a Hunter you really should start standing up by yourself." He joked, pushing me upright slightly. I slapped his hand away, laughing slightly.

"Hey, I'm trying my best, Zoldyck." I rolled my eyes at him and he pushed me back down onto the bed playfully, taking me slightly by surprise. He moved a strand of hair away from my face and kissed me before pulling me back up again.

"But really, get ready. We have to go." I sighed in frustration and smiled at him.

"I know."

I grabbed my clothes from out my suitcase and went into the bathroom to take a shower. I got changed into a f/c tank top and a pair of denim shorts. I laced up my black boots and dusted myself off, tying my hair back into a ponytail. I really didn't want to leave Gon here, but I guess we were putting him in danger. I walked down the hallway back to my room only to find Killua gone. I frowned, grabbing my suitcase and walking down the stairs to try and find him.

"Killu-"

I felt someone press something to my mouth, but I managed to elbow them in the stomach and jump out their grip before it was too late.

"What the hell?"

I looked the man in front of me up and down, trying to figure out where I'd seen him. Was he one of the men from before, maybe?

"What do you want? Where's Killua?" I said through gritted teeth. I suddenly remembered I'd linked ya telepathically, and closed my eyes briefly to concentrate.

Where are you? Are you okay?

I'm outside fighting some guys off. Are you?

Yeah.

I quickly snapped back into action, knowing I had to fight rather than concentrate on telepathy.

"Y/n... we know how powerful you could be if you reached your full potential, and so do you. Come with us and we can help you get there."

"You really think that line would work? After you literally tried to gag me? You're delusional." I said through gritted teeth, putting my hands up in preparation to fight. "Why can't you just leave us alone? We haven't done anything."

"He wants power."

"Who's he?" I asked. The man suddenly lunged at me, throwing a punch at my face. I ducked under, grabbing his arm and twisting it, putting him into a grip which he couldn't get out of. He managed to get free, kicking me in the shin. I yelped our slightly in pain but managed to trip him up. That kick was hard. I tried to walk forward but my legs buckled from under me.

"Not bad for a girl." He said, chuckling and walking towards me.

"Don't you dare say that. You haven't seen anything yet." I used my stand still ability on him. I walked towards him slowly to taunt him, before putting him into a chokehold.

"Now, if you don't go and tell your gang that you have to leave, you're dead. They all are. Nod if you understand." He nodded and I let go. I watched him run away, smiling to myself. "So, why the hell didn't you help me." I turned towards Killua, who I knew had been standing behind me for quite some time." He smirked at me.

"You didn't need it."

"You're so annoying." I said, sighing and laughing slightly. I walked towards him and wrapped my arms around his neck. He kissed me on my forehead, making me blush.

"Also it was kind of hot." I punched him in the shoulder and pushed him away. He laughed and shrugged.

"So me getting kicked in the shin was worth you just watching?" He shrugged and grinned at me.

"Maybe. We'll have to see how bad that kick made your leg." I sat down on one of the kitchen seats, showing him the bruise that was beginning to form.

"It's not that bad, lucky for you."

"Yeah, why'd you limp for a second?"

"Shut up. Let's go to Yorknew." I stood up and he grabbed our bags before we started walking towards the ferry. He grabbed my hand as we walked, taking me by surprise once again. He squeezed it slightly.

"Aren't you scared of them?" He asked me gently. "It really doesn't seem like you are. That's why I figured you had it under control." I shrugged awkwardly.

"I mean... if they really wanted to hurt me they probably could've done it by now. Don't you think? Besides, I can't be scared with you around." I giggled a little. "I could just use you as a human shield."

"Just you try." He said. He snaked his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. "Going back to Yorknew's gonna be interesting." We both boarded the ferry, wondering how much worse our situation could get.

AN:

4 years later I TURNED IT OUT KIDS

I don't think this was really worth the wait but NONETHELESS IT IS CONTENT.

I hope you guys enjoy !! thanks for sticking with me all this time hehe <3