Chapter 5

I woke up in the middle of the night to the buzzing of my phone. I briefly checked the time. 4am. Who would be calling at this time?

I looked at the caller id. Frustration crossed my face. I pressed the receiver to my ear, taking a big breath.

"Leorio, what is it?"

"Y/n!" He yelled. I moved the phone away from my ear.

"Yes!" I screamed back.

"Where are you? Haven't you heard the news?" I frowned.

"What?"

"Someone's attacking the city- someone powerful. They contacted all the Hunters and we're all trying to catch the attacker. Every Yorknew Hunter is here!" I widened my eyes.

"Where are you all?"

"Central Yorknew. Come quickly, stupid!"

I quickly threw my phone onto my bed and jumped up, pulling on a pair of skinny jeans, a shirt and my combat boots. I ran out my door and into central Yorknew. I could hear lots of screaming and some kind of weapon. I found one of the groups of Hunters. I went up to one of the Hunters.

"Hey, how can I help?" He looked at me with an angry expression.

"Go home, girl. You'll get hurt." He seemed to by firing something from his hands towards the sky. I raised my eyebrows at him.

"I'm a Hunter." I quickly showed him my license. "So how can I help?" His eyes widened before nodding.

"Try and fend off the hooded figure." He pointed towards what looked like a shadow. "He appears to be able to morph into his own shadow and other people's, so be careful!" I nodded briefly before breaking into a run, using my stand still ability. It wasn't working on him- maybe since it was a shadow. I saw blood. Everywhere. And bodies being taken away in ambulances. This was serious.

Suddenly, I had an idea. I placed my hands on the ground carefully. And used my ability. Still nothing. Suddenly, I had an even better idea.

Electricity would be able to carry my power through the ground onto the opponent, and I knew just the person I needed.

I ran back to the crowd, dialling Killua's number. It rung a couple of times before he answered.

"Im busy." He said in monotone.

"I have an idea. I'm with group 2- trust me." I could almost see him hesitate.

"Fine." I looked up and he was in front of me. God speed.

"Okay. You know my stand still ability? If I put my hand on the ground, it can go through into his shadow but only if it's on him specifically. Electricity can carry my power onto him." I explained. He looked over at the shadow for a moment before turning to me and smirking.

"Good thinking. Let's go." We both ran towards him, once again. We knelt down and put our hands on the ground, nodding at each other. I closed my eyes and concentrated, pressing the power into the ground. I felt the tension of someone trying to break free, and I smiled to myself. It worked. I opened my eyes to see Killua, smiling at me. I smiled back. The opponent was no longer a shadow- it was someone standing completely still, looking terrified. The Hunter I'd talked to earlier came running over.

"Nice one!" He said. "I didn't catch your name." He put out his hand and I took it.

"Y/n L/n. And you?"

"Terran. Terran Riley." We shook hands. "Well, let's get him to a cell." Killua and I nodded as he went over and slung him over his back.

"We need to move quickly." I exclaimed. "This power doesn't last too lon-" I felt a jolt of power surge through me unexpectedly. I dropped to my knees, clenching my teeth.

"Y/n!" Killua knelt down beside me, looking concerned.

"I'm... I'm fine. Let me just-" Killua picked me up bridal style, making me blush slightly.

"Let's go." I held onto the grip I had on the opponent the whole way.

As soon as he'd been put away, I let go. I let out a sigh of relief as the opponent ran up to the bars and started shaking them.

"Oi, L/n! You'll regret this." I turned my head, frowning.

"How'd you know my name?" I asked him. He just grinned.

"I have my ways."

"Come on." Killua said, gesturing that we needed to leave. I nodded, leaving the building with him. He looked deep in thought.

"You know..." He started. "What you did today... It was really cool. I wouldn't have been able to come up with that." I blushed slightly.

"T- thanks. It was because of you that I could pull it off though." I said, smiling at him. He just shrugged and we carried on walking. From what I remembered, it was rare that he'd give out a compliment like that.

"It's been a while since I've been around other people. It's... Weird." He admitted, laughing slightly.

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously.

"Well, I've been travelling alone for a couple years and I haven't actually met that many people. I was originally gonna stay in Yorknew for less than a day and go back to finding Illumi (quick an: IM LAUGHING SO MUCH WHEN I TYPED ILLUMI IT AUTOCORRECTED TO ILLUMINATI) but then... I ran into you and I realised I'd forgotten about everyone who I knew before." I began to blush slightly but I quickly shook it off. I grabbed his hand and pressed mine on it, leaving the communication mark. He frowned at me.

"Now we always have a way to contact each other and you don't even need to speak." I said. He slowly began to smile. I turned away from him and walked towards my front door, which we'd stopped just outside. "See you later." I shut the door behind me and grinned at myself. I'd done great things in this two hour period.

Killua's POV:

I examined my hand which had a red mark on it, smiling to myself. Y/n always knew exactly what to say.

"Killua." I looked up and around, before spotting a familiar face.

"We need to talk"

AN:

HEYHEYHEYH

IM BACK xD I had a kinda writers block thing is suppose? Anyway, I hope you like this chapter and stay tuned !! Love you guys<33