Chapter 4

I woke up with a headache male painful than any I'd ever experienced. I gripped my head with pain and sat up, rubbing my eyes. I wasn't in the hotel. I was in a comfortable bed in someone else's house. I looked around and my eyes suddenly landed on Killua, who was sitting on a chair next to my bed.

"Morning." He said, smiling. I looked to see I was wearing the same clothes from the night before.

"W- what happened?" I asked him. He got up and sat on the edge of my bed, exhaling deeply.

"You blacked out after the powerful nen." He explained. "I wasn't sure where your hotel was and I wanted to make sure you were okay anyway... So I carried you back to my house." He bit his lip and looked away, obviously waiting for my response. I smiled gratefully at him.

"Thank you." I said softly. He looked back up and smiled at me sadly.

"Y/n, I lied to you. About Alluka."

"What?" I asked curiously.

"She's... Um..." He sighed and looked at me directly in the eyes. "He's dead. He was beginning to get stronger, and someone poisoned him- he was never taught to be immune to poison. I can't help but assume it was Illumi, so I've been looking for him ever since."

"Oh my god.." I said quietly.

"It happened a year after... We all split."

"Only a year? And you still haven't found him?" I asked. He shook his head. I saw his hands were shaking. I took a bold move, and leaned in and gave him a tight hug. He tensed up a lot, but stopped shaking. "You don't need to do everything on your own, you know. You really haven't changed a bit."

"I..." He relaxed and hugged me gently- almost timidly- back.  "Thanks." I breathed in his familiar scent before leaning back out. I rubbed my eyes and stretched before swinging my legs over the side of the bed. I realised I was now sitting right next to him, with our faces just inches apart. My eyes landed on his lips. I wanted nothing more in that moment then to kiss him...

He coughed and stood up, shoving his hands in his pockets and gesturing for me to follow.

"Need anything?" He asked. I shook my head.

"I was gonna go and see some old friends today, actually." I explained. For a second I saw sadness cross his face but it very quickly vanished.

"Okay. Be careful." I raised an eyebrow.

"I'm a hunter too, you know." He just chuckled and nodded before leaving the room. I got up, processing what he just said to me. Alluka was dead. I couldn't believe it. I never knew her well, but I knew well enough that she never deserved to die.

I couldn't help but wonder what else he was keeping from me. But then again, I'm keeping things from him. Maybe it makes more sense this way.

I shut my eyes and sighed. I couldn't keep thinking about it. I want over to the door, opening it and stepping out into the cold. I was going to go home and change, since I obviously hadn't for a while. I walked down the street and suddenly stopped. I had no idea where I was.

I looked around and tried to get my bearings. Looking across the street, I saw my house. I sighed in relief, knowing how close Killua was to me, and went over. I opened the door and stepped inside.

I quickly got changed into skinny jeans and a dark blue shirt after showering. I brushed my h/c hair out to it fell down my back in curls. I sighed heavily as I looked around my house. I hadn't given it up for years, but I was wondering if I should.

I opened the door and stepped outside, only to be greeted with a familiar face.

"H- Hisoka?" I said, shocked. "What are you doing here?" He just smiled creepily at me.

"Well, Y/n, I can see you're very strong. You're hiding a power, aren't you?" I gulped. There was no point lying.

"What's it to you?" I growled.

"Well, my dear Y/n, I might have to be forced to bring it out of you." Within seconds I was on the floor. He had punched me- hard. I jumped up and ran forward, attempting to do close combat. Of course, he was too strong, but I could easily defeat him with my secret attack. I ran behind him and punched his neck, sending him backwards slightly into the road.

"Ah, you're strong. What are you hiding Y/n?" I needed a way to stop him trying to find it out. I couldn't let him know.

Suddenly, he collapsed. He fell to the floor, clearly knocked out. My eyes widened as I saw Killua behind him, his hand in a chopping motion. He put his hand slowly down to the side, frowning at me.

"H- how didn't I sense you?" I asked. "How did you knock out Hisoka so easily?"

"Training." He replied simply. My frown increased as he took a few steps towards me. "What was that about?" I knew Killua would be able to tell if I lied. He was an ex assassin, after all.

"There's an attack I know that's quite valued." I said. "It's a secret and he wanted to know what it was."

"Oh, okay?" He gave me a small smile.

"You really don't care?" I asked him, confused.

"I can't say I'm not curious, but I can respect that." I smiled back at him.

"Thanks."

"Yeah, no problem." I sighed.

"Well, I think I'm just gonna get some rest and not go out." I said.

"Good idea. I'll see you, Y/n." He turned and walked away, leaving me on my own but the door. I turned and went back inside, shutting the door behind me. I didn't want to be a burden to him, which I had been even though I hadn't been here long, so maybe it would just be better if I stayed out of his way.

Something told me that that would be pretty difficult for me.

AN:

um
Hey xD
Well hey you, it's been a while! I don't have an excuse, sorry but at least I'm being honest xD
I hope you guys like this chapter and I'll have the next one out as soon as I can/can be bothered because I suck and I have no sense of commitment ever. Oh and by the way, if anyone's wondering why I never reply to comments anymore it's not because I don't appreciate them because I ABSOLUTELY LOVE GETTING THEM OMFG LIKE I LOVE YOU ALL, so I'm trying to work on that xD

Till next time frens!

- Jamie