Chapter 13

I slowly opened my eyes to see my ceiling. I yawned and stretched my arms out, sitting j from my bed. Suddenly, I remembered what happened last night. I begun to smile like an idiot. My smile quickly dropped when I remembered something.

Cole.

I needed to fix things. I couldn't cheat on him. He wasn't a bad guy, and we hadn't seen each other in months anyway. We'd talked on the phone a couple times, but other than that... I sighed. I just needed to break up with him. The only reason I even started dating him was because my friends wouldn't get off my back about him.

I picked up my phone slowly and found his contact. I took a deep breath and pressed call and put the receiver to my ear, biting my lip. He answered almost immediately.
"Y/n! It's been ages. I'm so sorry I had to leave Yorknew. I was gonna call you today! I'm back this week." I bit my lip harder.

"I... Listen. Cole... I don't think I can do this anymore." Silence.

"What?" He said quietly.

"I... I'm so sorry. I just don't like you in that way anymore. Please try and understand." More long silences.

"Y/n, I'm gonna get you back."

"What?" I breathed.

"As soon as I'm back in a week, I'm coming to your house and getting you back." No. He couldn't really be saying this.

"Cole, listen to yourself. I-"

"Bye Y/n. See you soon." The line went dead. I fell back onto my bed and groaned. I can't believe he was going to try and come and visit me. And if Killua was here while he did... I don't know what I'd do. There was nothing I could do.

I got up from my bed and stretched out my arms, yawning and checking the time. It was 7am. I had no idea if Killua would be up. I had to admit I was pretty nervous about seeing him. I still smiled though when I thought about last night. Everything about it was just... perfect. It was something I'd wanted him to do front the moment we met again.

I sighed heavily before grabbing a towel and going into the bathroom, taking a quick shower. I got dressed into black shorts and a blue shirt, putting mmy hair into a messy bun. I walked out and back into my room to dry my hair.

Suddenly I heard a knock at the door. My head snapped up from its original position of looking down as Killua burst in.

"We need to leave. Now."

"What?" I said confusedly. I was still a bit dazed.

"No time to explain. Just get on my back." I frowned in concern but went over anyways, jumping onto Killua's back and wrapping my legs around his torso.

"Okay." He whispered to himself. I wondered where we were going to go. Suddenly, we'd bolted out of the house and were running towards the forest. "The person we killed yesterday... it didn't stop them. I saw them outside late last night talking, and I think they were planning something so I think it's best if we stay out the house for now." He explained slowly.

"Fair enough. But where are we gonna stay?" I asked him. He went silent for a moment before speaking up again.

"I don't know yet." He confessed slowly as we both sweatdropped. My eyes suddenly lit up.

"Gon!" I said. "He can take us for a while on Whale Island. Or Kurapika." I exclaimed. I didn't know all that much about what Leorio was up to, but I sure knew about those two. We talked nearly every day. Killua's lips curved into a small smile as he nodded and we came out the other side of the forest. I jumped off his back and watched as he stretched his arms up after the run, revealing his torso slightly. I begun to blush.

"You okay?" He asked. I quickly looked away.

"Yeah. It's... yeah." I said awkwardly, scoffing my shoes on the ground. He shrugged and gave me another small smile.

"Do you want to see if Gon'll take us in for a while?" He asked. I nodded quickly.

"Yeah." I got out my phone and pressed his number, holding the receiver to my ear. He almost immediately picked up.

"Y/n!" He said happily, making me laugh slightly.

"He Gon! Listen, I'm with Killua and..."

"Wait, Killua?" He said excitedly.

"Yeah. Anyway, I'm with him and we need a place to stay. Do you think-"

"You can come here!" He said immediately. "My house in whale island is free. Come on over."

"Thank you so much!" We had some brief small talk before I hung up. I turned to Killua and nodded happily.

"Yep, it's all good. We just need to get a ferry over." I said, grinning. "Hopefully we'll be hidden for at least a while before we can come up with a plan. Gon can help too."

"Sure." He said, standing up. We fell into step beside each other as we began to walk even further away from Yorknew. Suddenly, I once again remembered what had happened between us yesterday night. I gave a quick sideways glance at Killua, who had his eyes glued to the floor. Maybe he was also thinking about it? I sighed quietly to myself and looked forward, trying to work out what exactly was going on between us at this point.

"Y/n?" Killua suddenly skidded to a halt, causing me to stop abruptly and look up in alarm. He looked calm- as always- and he was looking at me steadily yet nervously.

"Um... do you regret it?"

"Regret what?" I asked him.

"Last night, obviously." He said, chuckling slightly. I raised my eyebrows. I wasn't expecting a question like that.

"I... no. I don't." I said. I watched as his tensed shoulders relaxed slightly. "Do you?" I retorted.

"No." he replied simply. We stood looking at each other before he finally broke the staring, beginning to walk forward again. "Lets go." I furrowed my eyebrows but followed along anyway. We walked to the ferry in an intense and awkward silence.

Why could I never tell what he was thinking?

AN:

IM BACK GUYS. hope you liked the chapter!!