Chapter 14

Your POV:

I knocked gingerly on Gon's door. He almost immediately threw open the door, a huge infectious grin plastered onto his face. He gave me a tight hug, causing me to laugh slightly. He had barely changed, which was something I also told Killua along the way. Needless to say, he hadn't changed either.

"Hey, Y/n!" He said, pulling out of our embrace with a smile on his face. He turned to Killua who was lingering in the back. "Killua!" He smiled, causing me to blush.

"Hey."

Gon invited us all inside and showed us around a little since he didn't live with Mito anymore before he finally went up to show us our rooms which were just next to each other. He had a huge house, but he was a pretty successful Hunter so it completely made sense.

"I'll see you two later? You're probably tired?" Gon asked. Only then did I realise just how tired I was- I was exhausted.

"Yeah. We'll see you later" I said before turning and walking into my room. As soon as I shut it, i leaned against the doorframe and closed my eyes. After what happened I couldn't be around Killua so easily, and I wasn't sure if he felt the same way as me. After several minutes of pulling myself together I went to my bed, sitting on the edge and taking out my phone to reply to a couple texts.  Just as I was about to go to bed, I heard a soft knock at my door. Barely loud enough for me to hear.

"Come in." I said. The door opened, and my eyes widened when I realised it was Killua. I watched in confusion and he walked in and sat next to me on my bed, looking down at the floor.

"I..." he took a deep breath as I looked up at him, raising my eyebrows. "I killed Alluka." My eyes widened in shock. I was not expecting something like that. That shock was quickly replaced by anger. He closed his eyes. "I thought I should tell you now... before you found out yourself."

"W-why?" I stuttered angrily, moving slightly away from him while giving him an intense glare. He finally opened his eyes and looked up at me. His royal blue orbs were filled with pain.

"Illumi told me he was going to kill her... in the worst way possible." He looked down again. "I don't know what's happened... he's a lot stronger than he was. If he came after her, I wouldn't be able to stop him. So I killed her." He sighed. My eyes softened.

"I- I had no idea..." I said quietly. "That bastard." He clenched his fists.

"It was me. I could've tried to save her, but I didn't. I took the easy way out." He bit his lip. "I couldn't live with myself for so long. Then... you came along, and I felt like I had a reason to be around again." I watched him carefully, too shocked for words, as he put his head in his hands. "I'd stopped killing... I'd stopped hurting people, and then I killed the person who was closest to me. I'm a bad person, and I don't think I should be around anyone because they'll just wind up getting hurt."

"Killua..." I said quietly. I moved closer again and put my hand on his. He looked down at me. "You're not a bad person, okay? You're an amazing person for stopping someone being tortured for who knows how long. I know for a fact that Alluka's grateful." He sat up again and sighed, his eyes averting to the floor. He began to get up but I grabbed his wrist, pulling back down so our faces were just inches apart.

"What are you doing?" He said, just loud enough for me to hear. I just smiled.

"Proving you're not a bad person." Before he would say anything back I crashed my lips into his, wrapping my arms against his neck. I felt him begin to kiss back but he suddenly pulled away, his breath irregular.

"Y/n... I can't. I don't want the same thing to happen to you, that's what I was just explaining." I just rolled my eyes and grinned at him.

"Well, I'm willing to take the risk." I said, leaning back in. He just pulled further away.

"I can't." He said stubbornly. My smile vanished. "I should go." I watched him closely as his weight was lifted off my bed and he walked to the door, opening it without looking back.

"So you're just going to leave like that?" I spat, suddenly feeling angry. He stopped in his tracks, still not turning around. "If you forgot, you kissed me. Why did you do that if you were just gonna break my heart?" I saw him dip his head slightly.

"Well, if you forgot, you left me all those years ago." He turned his head slightly so he was looking at me. "So I guess we're even now." And with that, he walked out and slammed the door behind him.

He shut me out. Again.

AN:

So... it's kinda been two months?? xD

Anyway, forgetting that, hoped you liked the chapter. Sorry it's a bit short!!

- Jamie