Chapter 2

More quickly than I'd anticipated, I caught up with the white haired assassin. I fell into a run next to him. He closed his eyes and sighed when he saw me. It was strange, though- he'd easily be able to outrun me if he wanted to.

"What's going on?" I blatantly asked, cutting the small talk. No answer. I glared at him. "What's your problem? I just-" he suddenly shot me a look which made me fall silent. He skidded to a halt and so did I. He leaned in slowly to whisper in my ear. I could smell his musty lavender like scent. I breathed it in quickly and quietly, hoping he wouldn't notice.

"I'm here for a job. I'll find you later, okay?" He leaned back out and looked at me with genuine concern.

"Okay, no problem." He raised his eyebrows at me and gave me a half smile before activating his God speed. Before I knew it, he was gone. Again. I stared out to where he'd run for a couple seconds before sighing and walking in the other direction. I had no idea what 'later' meant- what could be more important than seeing your past friend?

I scoffed my boots on the ground. I heard Kurapika come towards my direction and fall into step beside me.

"What happened?" He asked. I just smiled and shrugged.

"He said he had a job to do, and that he'd come find me later." I chuckled a little. "Same old, I suppose."

"Y/n, I saw the way you were looking at him. Do you still-"

"No!" I said quickly. "Of course not. That's crazy!" I paused for a minute. "Besides... I have Cole, right?" (AN: plot twist damn son) Kurapika rolled his eyes at this.

"You don't even like him." He retorted. "Why don't you just break up with him already?" I shouldn't have brought him up.

"Okay okay, I shouldn't have brought him up." I sighed. "Well, do you wanna go grab some lunch? Like old times?" I suggested, giving him a smile again. He tried to remain serious, but he eventually gave up.

"Why not?"

(Timeskip)
After lunch with Kurapika, I was making my way home. I tied my long h/c hair up into a high ponytail. I wondered if I should cut it, since it was inconvenient, but Tia always talks about how nice it is. Maybe later.

I suddenly felt a presence beside me. I jumped back and into my battle stance. Looking over, I saw it was just Killua.

Wait. Killua?

He gave a small laugh and grinned at me. "Don't worry, you're not gonna have to battle me anytime soon." I sighed and fell back into step beside him, giving him a small smile.

"Right." I retorted sarcastically. "That was a quick job."

"Yeah, it wasn't too bad. I just had to ambush a group that were plotting attacks. I didn't know how hard they were gonna be to beat or what they knew, which is why I was whispering to you earlier." He explained. I nodded. It was all making sense now.

"Anyway... What have you been up to?" He laughed and smiled at me.

"I don't think I could explain everything that's happened over a four year period in a five minute walk." He admitted.

"Oh... You wanna come back to the place I'm staying?" I asked him. Inside my head, I began freaking out. What if he took it the wrong way?

"Sure." He nodded. "A lot has happened." I laughed.

"Same here."

We got to my front door and I let us in. We both sat down at a table.

"Hmm. Where to start." He said. His eyes brightened up.

Timeskip: 3 hours

"And then we had to throw all of them off the boat, one by one without anyone seeing!" I burst out laughing.

"How'd you manage that?" I asked curiously.

"Assassin technique, I guess." He admitted. I finally decided to ask something that I was a little sceptical of asking.

"Hey, Killua... Where's Alluka?" He shifted his eyes from me to the floor.

"She wanted to travel the world on her own last year after she became a Hunter, so we parted ways." He explained. He looked back up and smiled at me. "Anyway, I want to know about you."

"What d'you wanna know?" I asked.

"Do you still have that demon curse?" He asked me. My eyes lit up.

"I got rid of it three years ago! Just by willpower." He smiled at me.

"So... What's your nen?" I gulped.

"I'm... I'm a specialist."

"And?" He asked me curiously. I smirked deviously at him.

"Try and move."

"What? Of course I can-" he abruptly stopped talking. He frowned as he tried again and again to move, but he couldn't. "What the... How?" My smile only widened. I released the nen and he sighed heavily. I laughed at him.

"I picked up some of the nen that demons have." I explained. "So I can pack a punch and also do that."

"You're practically invincible, huh?" He said slowly.

"Not quite." I said. "If the opponent is strong then it can break out, and the damage of the break will bounce back to me." I explained. "It's dangerous. But I can also fight well."

"That's terrifying." He said quietly. He looked up and smiled at me. "I love it." I love you. I said to myself.

"I can also read minds." I added.

"Oh, well that's great for me, isn't it?" I laughed.

"I can only do it if I link someone to mine too, so if I did this..." I put my hand over his hand and took it away, referencing to the mark. It means you can read my mind, and I can read yours. I said in my head. I quickly took it off him before I revealed anything else.

"You're amazing." He whispered. I smiled at him.

"Hey, thanks." I replied, blushing slightly. He blinked and then looked up.

"I guess I should get going. I need to go visit Sara and check she's okay." My heart dropped with sadness. I wanted him to stay longer.

What? You barely know him anymore, Y/n.

"Okay!" I said. "No problem... When can I see you again?" I asked the last bit cautiously. He thought for a minute and smiled at me.

"Here, give me your phone number and I can call you tomorrow." I felt my cheeks heat up. I hoped he wouldn't notice but knowing him he probably did.

"Okay." He handed me his phone and I typed my number in. We both stood up and walked over to the door. He gave me an apologetic look.

"Sorry I couldn't stay longer." He thought for a minute, yet again. "It was... Nice catching up. I'll see you tomorrow." He activated his God speed and gave me one more smirk before he'd gone again.

He hadn't changed one bit, and neither had my feelings apparently.

An:
Heloooo, hope you liked the new chapter guys:3