Chapter 5: Smile

A few months later, a boy stood at the edge of a very large building that outlooked the city from a birds eye view.

He looked on like a watchful parent, making sure that the citizens of his home city stayed safe while he wore a black mask on the bottom of his face.

He wore a dark green short sleeved leather skin suit with baggy ripped jeans and a baggy hoodie over it. The suit was lined with carbon fiber and was extremely flexible, durable, and movable. It was long necked and stopped just below his jaw and the black cloth like choker on his neck. The large hoodie was black with a green bunny on the side of the chest. The hood had green bunny ears stitched onto it that flapped down. It was lined with many pockets on the inside which hid lots of different things. The hoodie itself was also very durable and could put up with a lot of different things. His pants were the same as his hoodie: black, durable, many pockets. They were ripped at the knees but that he did himself for a fashion choice and for comfort.

His hair was now completely black, having dyed it a week or so ago after a certain annoying underground hero almost found him. His once emerald gemmed eyes were now dark viridian greens that held pain.

Izuku stood atop that building looking for trouble.

His body was slowly accumulating scars from his nightly patrols. Adding onto the ones from Katsuki. At first he started off with just low level thugs after some training and after gaining more experience and fighting techniques, he went on full patrols.

Luckily, on one of his patrols he was ambushed by some friendly play from another vigilante.

After some play fighting and sparing, they decided to talk (with their masks still on) and Izuku learned there's a lot to doing vigilantism.

The vigilante he'd met was named Kuro.

She (he could tell she was female by the obvious vibe) had given herself the name Kuro after an incident happened with her family. What he found funny was that she hadn't told the police her vigilante name yet and just let them call her "The Masutafu archer vigilante".

Izuku told her about his home going up in flames and killing his mother.

She looked at him with sympathy and told her a small piece of what happened to her family. They both sat in blissful silence for a while after that.

Izuku guessed that Kuro must've been his age or a little older by her height and voice. No matter how deep she tried to make it.

Or he was just good at analyzing, either goes.

Then Izuku asked a question that seemed to shock her, "Can you train me a bit? I'm good already but you've been doing this longer so-"

"Sure, but if you die, it's not my fault."

Kuro didn't go on patrols with him, like tonight on the rare occasion she was, and opted to just give him a few sparring lessons. Which almost made him drop dead, if he was being honest.

Back to the rooftop that Izuku and Kuro were sitting on, taking a break. Kuro hummed a tune while Izuku kept watching. (he found it weird that she closed he eyes when she did this but didn't question it).

Then Kuro asked a question, "So whats your vigilante name? Have you decided one? I'm getting sick of calling you 'kid', okay?"

Izuku has been thinking about that lately and had decided on a name.

"Shinko."

Kuro smiled under her mask and looked forward at the city in front of them while taking a deep breath.

"Masutafu villains will fear that name one day. I have no doubt in my mind."

Izuku looked towards her and allowed himself a small smile. He was allowed that sometimes, right?

"Thanks," Izuku said.

The two continued watching the city, it was safe. Tonight, everything was alright.

Hello.
I'm just gonna leave this right here and go.
I hoped you like it.
If you didn't then the door is over there and Sora can lead you out.
Have a nice day/night!
Thanks for reading!
Bye!
~Care-chan

(712 words)