Chapter 38: A New Kind of Collar

Sometimes the bounds of my procrastination and mental illness surprises even myself. Sorry I haven't updated Shinko in so long, I've been working out the semantics for One Horn and MtaE. If you haven't already, go check them out, they're my newer fics. I've also noticed that some people don't like how I ended What a Tragedy. I ended it ambiguously, and pretty sadly, but people really need to understand that the titles of most fan fictions are relevant to the kind of fic you're reading. Tragedy is in the name. It was the ending I planned from the start. Anyway, here's chapter 38, unedited. Hope y'all like it:) Back to my corner.

Enjoy~
_

The lime-eyed man narrowed his eyes, and the car sped up, sending Izuku's back against his hands, and causing his restraints to dig again painfully.

Then his hands found something sharp.

He kept his emotions off his face as he palmed the object hopefully. Maybe it was something he could use to break these insufferable zip ties. He could feel his blood trickling down his fingers and drying on his hands.

His jaw clenched around the gag as his wrists were once again jostled when the driver took a harsh turn. He nearly let go of the object in his hand. Holding back a whimper, he felt the object again. It was a necklace of some sort, with a narrow pendant and a pointed end. Confusion filtered through him as he wondered why his father would have such a thing in his car, much less in the backseat.

Izuku turned and glanced at the man seated beside him, and immediately figured that he didn't want to know. He balled the chain and the pendant in his hand tightly, just as his father opened his eyes and looked at him.

He doesn't know what kind of face he must have been making, or what he looked like with a rag shoved in his mouth, but Hisashi smiled sweetly at him, and reached his hands closer.

It sickened him how much he and his father looked alike.

Hisashi put a hand on his head, petting down his unruly hair in a show of fatherly affection. "Despite being hero scum, you're still a pretty cute kid." The smile almost looked genuine, but Izuku knew not to be fooled. Something dangerous lurked in Hisashi's eyes. "Hold on, that looks a little loose. We don't want the grouch here to start complaining again, now do we?" The man reached over further with both hands, and tightened the gag behind his head.

Izuku growled lowly, baring his teeth. If they were going to treat him like an animal, he'd act like one. He thrashed a bit, and yelped when a hand hit him.

Hisashi cut him upside the head with a snicker. "I like your spunk, Izuku, but right now you have to behave yourself. Am I understood?"

He held his gaze, a heavy tension falling over car. The driver looking up at them through the rearview mirror. The air was so thick Izuku thought he'd suffocate on it. A fist clenched his jaw. "Am I understood?" Hisashi but out.

He would never win a fight like this. He was unarmed, and normally that wouldn't be a problem with his tactical mind and hand to hand skills, but his wrists were bound, and every move made the plastic cut his skin. A gag kept him from being able to bite, and there was no doubt in his mind that Hisashi could keep him from kicking. And there was still the unknown factor of the man at the front seat, still staring him down.

What was his Quirk? Who was he? Why was he looking at him like that?

Kuro and Droplet needed him right now.

He needed to stick to his plan, no matter how much it put a lump in his throat.

Izuku held Hisashi's stare for a few more seconds, taking in how his deep vermilion shown with malice and enmity. Nothing but pure sadistic emotion as he waited for Izuku's reply.