Writing Contest!

Your regularly scheduled story will resume shortly... :)

I've been on Wattpad for almost half a year, Undestined is almost half-way done, NaNoWriMo is finished, and the Watty's are almost closed, so I thought it would be a good time to have a writing contest. If you're interested, read on. Maybe it's your denstiny to win.

Prizes:

Honorable Mentions: These stories are those chosen as favorites by myself and the judges, for whatever reason. Stories receiving Honorable Mentions will be mentioned in a message to my almost 200 Wattpad followers, and their stories will be featured in a collection of Undestined Short Stories on my account, with full accreditation to the author, of course.

Best Overall: Best Overall will be determined by myself and the judges based on adherence to the theme and quality of writing. The writer of the Best Overall story will receive a mention on my profile as the winner for a month, and be promoted in a message to my Wattpad followers. The writer will also receive promotion on the Undestined Facebook page (36 fans), and on my Twitter account (262 followers). The story will be included in a collection of Undestined stories on my account, and a chapter of Undestined will be dedicated to the writer. In addition to all this, if the winner so chooses, I will read a chapter or short story (depending on length) of one of the author's other stories, including ones not currently published on Wattpad, and give an edit/critique of it via private message.

Readers' Choice: This prize goes to the writer whose story receives the most votes on the first post at the time the contest closes. The winner will receive everything the winner of Best Overall does except for the critique of one of his or hers other works.

Contest: The theme of this contest is Character Challenge. Entrants should choose a character in Undestined and write a story centered around him or her. Entries will be judged by how to true to the character the story is and on the quality of writing and storytelling. You can choose any character you wish, no matter how small a role they played in Undestined (remember Hazel?). The story, however, can be set in any time and any place. You aren't limited to world of Undestined. You may have more than one Undestined character in the story, but are not required to. You are free to create other characters.

Rules:

-Stories must be under 2,000 words in length

-Both the cover and the title must have the words "Undestined Fan-Fic" in them

-One of your story's tags needs to be #Undestined

-Stories must be categorized as fan-fiction

-Stories cannot be rated 'R'

-By entering the contest, you give me the right to post your story on my profile/account, as long as I give you proper accreditation, which is your Wattpad username and/or, if you choose, your real or pen name

-You retain all other rights to your story AS LONG AS IT IS ALWAYS MARKED AS AN UNDESTINED FAN-FICTION.

How to Enter:

-Post your story to Wattpad

-Post a comment with a link to your story on the first post in the story "Undestined Writing Contest.: http://www.wattpad.com/story/28035219-undestined-writing-contest 

***commenting on this post will NOT enter you in the contest***

Deadlines: All stories must be posted by January 31st, 2015

Good luck, and I look forward to reading your stories!