Bonus Post: Character Profile, Jarlen

Age: 52

Height: 6'3"

Hair: graying light-brown

Eyes: blue

Destiny/Occupation: Alchemist

Description: Jarlen started to study medicine after his mother and younger sister died from a disease the Healers couldn't heal. Not having magic, he took up alchemy, using potions and herbs to treat his patients. He lives in Welis, where he was born, and the people there are proud to have an alchemist of their own.

Alchemists are fairly rare in Ohicink, since most people without magic don't typically pursue such studies. As a result, Jarlen travels every few months to nearby towns to teach them about what he has learned, and has several students throughout the country. He joins Silay's unquest in the hope that he might be able to help where the Healers cannot.

He typically wears a tan or natural colored cotton shirt with long sleeves and a dark blue vest. His pants are dark brown, and go down to his ankles, and he has brown leather riding boots. When he is working or teaching, he wears the black robe that marks him as an alchemist over his clothes. The robe goes down to his ankles. It buttons at the wrists and down the front to his waist. From the waist down, it's open. The front and sides also have pockets that hold his most used tools.

-----------------------

Hello, all! I have a decision to make, and wanted to give you a chance to weigh in. Changes in my schedule are going to force me to spend less time working on Undestined for the next couple of months. So, I can continue posting twice a week, but the posts will be shorter, or switch to slightly longer posts once a week. What do you think? You can let me know here, or on my message board.