Chapter 24

The days turned into weeks and before Morgana could even start to process it, the day or the premiere had come. She chewed on her inner cheek while standing at the side, barely a few minutes before her grand entrance.

She had been lead before but last time her pride had helped her and of course her role which was cute until the last song. However, on this one, she talked and sang and even had a small dance and even though she had practised, she could feel her stomach turning into an uncomfortable manner.

She took a few deep breaths to calm herself down as the red curtain was lifted. It was time. Before she walked to the stage, her eyes went to box No. 5 only to see count Lucas sitting there. The shock almost cost her appearance if it wasn't for Meg to give her a gentle push.

Separating herself and ordering her mind, she put the whole Count in Box 5 at the back of her mind and focused on the show.

=====================================

The ballerina's danced in a fast dance around her and the soprano as their fight raged on. The music took a haunting tone before the man 'slap' her. Morgana fell on the ground and held her cheek, the ballerina's gasping as the soprano walked away, furious.

The music stopped and there was a silence as Morgana looked at the red rose that had fallen from her hands. Soft music started to play as she moved along with it and grabbed the rose before staying on her knees.

Her voice started normally, quickly going to the high notes as the song requested while looking at the rose as if it was a child.

This the last rose of summer Left blooming alone. All her lovely companions are faded and gone

No flower of her kindred, no rosebud is nigh. To reflect back her blushes and give sigh for sigh

*the music kept playing as she slowly stood up and started to walk towards the centre of the stage, rose held by both of her hands. Her dark blue dress made her eyes even brighter as her red hair was braided, creating a halo that was decorated with flowers*

I'll not leave thee, thou lone one, To pine on the stem. Since the lovely are sleeping, go sleep thou with them

Thus kindly I scatter thy leaves o'er the bed. Where thy mates of the garden lie scentless and dead

*she closed her eyes as stood at the front of the stage, the image of Erik flushing into her mind; his smile, his hand on her cheek and his lips on hers. Her heart started to beat faster and she let it be heard in her voice*

So soon may I follow When friendships decay. And from love's shining circle The gems drop away

When true hearts lie withered and fond ones are flown

Oh who would inhabit this bleak world alone?

This bleak world alone

The song ended and she opened her eyes as the people started to clap. As usual, they stood up and some, especially women had even shed a few tears. She gave a small bow and walked backwards as the red curtain fell.

===============================================

Erik walked the special corridor leading to his box. His nightingale was about to perform and once again he was excited. He had helped her train but he knew that this song was something she could relate and the songs and whole script were fitting with her voice.