Chapter 19

"Monsieur Phantom, do I have to throw another snowball at you in order to bring you out of your hiding place?" Morgana said with amusement at her face.

A deep chuckle echoed in the rooftop as the Phantom came from behind the statue. His black clothing stroke against his white shirt and masked while his cloak was moving slightly along with the wind.

His black hair seemed to glow under the moon and his blue eyes were light with a passionate flame behind them. He almost seemed like a different man, he was a different man. She could see it, feel it with every bone in her body.

"An excellent performance Mademoiselle," he said as he stood a few feet away from her, a faint blush appeared on her cheeks at his comment. His voice soothed her but also made her shiver from excitement.

"Thank you very much Monsieur Phantom," she said and gave a small bow, her hands playing with the ribbon around the rose.

"I see you found my present"

"It is lovely," she said with a smile and looked at him, noticing the small shock in her eyes but he quickly covered it. Did I say something wrong? No, I didn't. It is lovely. He must know it too or else why choose it in the first place?

"Do you know the meaning behind it?' he asked after a moment of silence.

"No monsieur" she replied and shook her head slightly.

"Many associated it with mourning and death. However, death does not always cause mourning and it does not also mean the end. Can you think of its other meaning?"

Her red eyebrows frowned slightly and her lips turned into a small pout as she tried to think. Something clicked in the back of her mind and she bit her bottom lip, slightly worried that she might be wrong.

Come on Morgana. You can do this. Just say it

She took a deep breath and locked eyes once again with the masked man.

"Change. The death of old habits. A turn into a new beginning" she said hesitantly and was relieved when the Phantom nodded at her answer.

===========================================

"Thank you very much Monsieur Phantom", she said and gave a small bow, her hands playing with the ribbon around the rose.

"I see you found my present"

"It is lovely"

Those three words shocked him for a few seconds. He must admit that he had hoped she would like it but call it lovely. She did like it. She finds it lovely, oh my nightingale. You keep surprising me.

He quickly took a small breath, hoping that he didn't give away his little shock and that he didn't ruin his composure. He couldn't be seen as someone easily shocked and easy to mess with; no, not especially in front of her.

"Do you know the meaning behind it?' he decided to ask after a moment of silence, his curiosity getting the better of him

A faint smile was on his lips at the cute expression she made while thinking. Her brows frowned forward, similar way Keegan had done a few times and her lips were forming a small pout. Like a child, a sweet beautiful and talented child.

Her face turned to normal once she had an answer but he saw the hesitation in her eyes. She looked down and played little more with the ribbon.

Is she afraid of me? Does she think I will judge her by her answer?

Finally, she seemed to have mastered the courage she wanted as she looked into his eyes and could see the fire behind them. It was like two great blue fires filled with determination and passion that would burn whoever wasn't careful around them,