Chapter 22

The news that Morgana was playing the lead role spread like wildfire and tickets were sold faster than ever before. Each day of the show was already full house with the exception of the 6th day and after.

Carlotta wasn't pleased, at all, but she had shown up and she was sitting at the front seat along with her husband, wearing an expensive dress in baby pink and using her fan once in a while. The show was close to its last act and so far it was very good.

She could hear the positive comments and whispers from the people around her and of course behind her, angering her more. Morgana hadn't much of dialogue or songs yet. Since the story was about a supposed mute French aristocrat woman falling in love with a low-class servant.

So far in the story, Morgana only communicated with her body, some dance and facial expressions. Carlotta couldn't exactly understand why she chose such show as so far to her eyes, the only talent the Irish woman showed was of staying silent.

The final part came, the two of them have been caught and be separated away. As he is taken away from her, she is asked if she regrets her shameful actions.

Music starts playing as Morgana breaks free from the two women who hold her and starts to sing, in perfect French, surprising the audience.

(the song translates into 'I regret nothing' and I am sure you all have heard at least once - Song: Non, je ne regrette rien )

Non, rien de rien, non, je ne regrette rien
Ni le bien qu'on m'a fait, ni le mal

Tout ça m'est bien égal. Non, rien de rien, non, je ne regrette rien
C'est payé, balayé, oublié, je me fous du passé

Avec mes souvenirs j'ai allumé le feu. Mes chagrins, mes plaisirs
Je n'ai plus besoin d'eux. Balayé les amours avec leurs trémolos

Balayé pour toujours. Je reparts à zero
Non, rien de rien, non, je ne regrette rien

Ni le bien qu'on m'a fait, ni le mal. Tout ça m'est bien égal

Non, rien de rien, non, je ne regrette rien. Car ma vie, car mes joies

Aujourd'hui ça commence avec toi

As she finished singing, the show came to an end and the curtain fall. People in the audience started to clap and the majority stood from their seats while doing so. Even Petro, her husband, clapped only for her to elbow him in the ribs hard.

Standing up and holding her head high, she made her way to the backstage.

Morgana held hands with the cast and bowed to the clapping audience, panting heavily. She was so nervous throughout the whole show and she was thankful her character was supposed to be mute.

When her part came, she swore she could feel her heart-stopping but she sang and as she did; her confidence came back; memories of her training with the Phantom replayed in her mind, his voice correcting her echoing in her head.

Hearing them clapping and the congratulations she got from the people around her made her smile brightly. She had done it and she didn't fail to notice Carlotta's face of jealousy as well.

As she retreated backwards along with the rest, the said Diva approached her with a displeased look on her face.

"Carlotta, did you enjoy the show?" she said in a polite manner as people gathered around to see what will happen next.