Chapter 3

Cáel was about to read the letter when someone cleared their voice, startling the young man and causing him to drop it and look at the direction of the source only for his eyes to meet brown ones.

At the door stood a middle-age woman with perfect posture, dressed in a black dress and her hands in front of her chest.

"Can I help you?" she asked her voice stern and cold.

"Oh yes. I am Cáel Farrell, the new owner" he said as he stood up and walked towards the woman, his accent slightly thick. "I apologize for Mademoiselle. I thought no one was here"

"It is alright monsieur Farrell. I am Madame Giry"

"The Madame Giry? It is an honour to finally meet you from close" he said as he extended his hand for her.

"You seem to know me," she said as she offered her hand and Cáel kissed her knuckles and bowed slightly, showing manners.

"I have heard great things about you. My grandparents called you the mistress of ballet and I was hoping to meet you from close one day" he said as he released her hand and looked at her from his tall posture.

"I see. It is quite unusual someone from so far away to have heard so fondly of me and my teachings. However, I am honoured to meet the young owner who decided to open the Opera once again after... well, the incident" she said even though she hesitated to finish her sentence.

Her eyes turned misty for a few seconds before gaining her composure and they return back to normal. Before they could exchange any more words, a young blond woman barged into the room.

"Mama, you must see this. No, you must listen to it" she said filled with excitement and a broad smile on her face. Her blond curls bounced slightly and the crème dressed fitted her nicely, showing off her well-formed dancing body and its curves.

"Meg, where are your manners. You are in the presence of the new owner" Giry scolded. "I apologize for monsieur. This is Meg, my daughter" she said as she motioned for the young woman to join her mother's side.

"It is alright Madame. It is a pleasure to meet you miss Meg" Cáel said as he kissed her knuckles and looked at her for a little longer, but she didn't look away either.

She will admit, she never expected to meet the owner or even better to be so handsome. His broad shoulder and the muscled body was visible beneath his good clothes and his long hair gave a new exotic look to his already foreign face, charming the young lady.

"Monsieur, it is an honour to meet you," she said and bowed a little, never forgetting her manners and trying to brush away the small blush on her pale cheeks.

"If I may ask, what got you so excited Miss Meg?"

"Oh, it is a beautiful woman and a young boy. She sings a lovely song and they both dance at the stage, a weird dance. It is amazing, mama, you need to see it"

Hearing about a woman and a young boy, Cáel knew exactly who she was referring to. Mentally chuckling, she took Meg's hand and slowly led her back to the stage with Giry following and suspiciously looking at him and his hand.

=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=

Before they enter the main area, Morgana's voice could be heard echoing throughout the walls and giving them life. Meg increased her pace as they finally arrived at the main room, their eyes on the stage as the said redhead had just left the dog down and continued her dancing and singing.

Giry was impressed by the voice and the moves, slowly along with the rest walking towards the duo. Finally, the woman ended her song, reaching a perfect tone and holding it there for as long as she had to with proficiency.