Chapter 11

Morgana made her way toward the roof, passing by couples that decided to make out in the middle of the corridor. It was like an obstacle course but she couldn't help the smile on her face seeing people letting themselves free.

Even if it meant being close to becoming one in a space where people could watch or pass by them any moment now, but alcohol. Number one possessor as she called it.

Finally, she arrived at the rooftop and right on time. She was worried she would be late as she had to make sure that someone would look after Keegan and on her ways she had to trick a drunken man who blocked her way.

Thankfully, she had quite the experience on that part and she easily gave a fake promise to the man to wait for her as she headed to 'freshen up' for him. Most likely, the man would wait for her when she walks back so she made a mental note to use a different corridor.

Opening the door she was greeted by the December cold wind as the roof was covered by snow. She held the need to roll on the soft pile of snow and make a snow angel. She was almost too close in doing so from the way she eyed up the snow when a voice spoke and brought her back to reality.

"First time seeing snow?"

The same voice from before echoed in the roof but the figure was nowhere to be seen.

"Not really... it is just tempting, you know" she admitted honestly. The first time she saw snow was a week ago when it first started snowing in the city.

She and Keegan were out making snowmen and snow angels before they team in a snowball fight against Jack, Rian, Meg and Cáel. They lost but it was fun.

"Tempting?"

"Yes. Tempting like this" she said with a smirk as she grabbed a pile of snow and shaped it into a ball before aiming at a gargoyle statue, specifically to the one Erik was hiding behind it.

"So you knew where I was. I can see where Keegan is taking his perceptive skills from" he said as he walked from behind the statue and stood quite the feet away from her.

"It is a family trait," she said with a smile as she took a step closer and looked at the mysterious Phantom, she danced with. "However, you didn't call me here in the middle of a winter night for that"

"Once the dance ended, you admitted that you knew of who I was. I want to know how?" he said in a deep voice as they locked eyes.

"I will tell you if I also can ask something in return"

"Oh making deals now mademoiselle?"

"Deals make life interesting" she explained and shrugged her shoulders slightly.

"Very well, then. We do have a deal. Now, answer my question"

"A good instinct. I wasn't sure until your eyes gave it away and you confirmed it silently"

Erik blinked and stayed silent for longer than he wanted. Did she assume? And he gave it away? At that moment he didn't know if he wanted to be angry with himself for falling for such a trick, him, the great Phantom of the Opera...or, if he wanted to congratulate her for actually deceiving him.

Finally, he found the ability to speak again and noticed the faint smirk on her face due to his long pause. Curse this woman for being so smart, he thought.

"A risky move mademoiselle, a very risky one. What would happen if I wasn't who you claimed I am?"

"Then I would laugh and put small acting, showing signs that I had been influenced by the alcohol. Enough to take the suspicions away, they might even join me"