10% (Chapter Fourteen)

"So...I was wrong." Jaden states. His fingers rested along the keyboard as he stared intently at the screen. It's been a week since my father found out my identity, since I was introduced to Link, since Jasahn broke a finger, since I almost killed someone, since my dad got kidnapped....and last but not least, since I had a huge power surge. I'm talking a lot...sorry about that.

"Wrong about what, exactly?" I asked. It was 2am on a Saturday. My father was at work and he's still trying to wrap his head around his son being the almighty savior of Origin City. Maybe I shouldn't put it that way...but I mean it that way.

"I assumed you used all of your energy at once that day....since all of your muscles were totaled."

"Uh huh." I said. "Babe. Can I have more ice in here?" I asked. Karen, Jaden, and I were on the third floor. I was in an ice bath for my muscles. They healed up, but they still remained hugely sore. Karen was sitting on the toilet lid while reading a book for school, making sure I'm alright. Don't worry! I'm not completely naked. I have swimming trunks on.

"Well. I'm looking more into your DNA...turns out that was you only using 10%"

"What?!" I jumped up and ice cubes went flying everywhere.

"Jarahn! Cut it out!" Karen yelled. I sighed with a laugh.

"Sorry babe."

"Yep. I can't believe it took me so long to get results...it seems like your body is able to manipulate the same energy that turned everyone into supers...including yourself." Jaden said.

"Does that mean I'll be able to make other people into supers?"

"Hell no. That energy dispersed all over the city...it's now one with air and also nothing at the same time."

"Um...huh?"

"Jarahn. You're not a god. You're able to manipulate that energy, but only as power."

"Whoa. I see..."

"Yeah. Jeff Freeman also had a similar ability. He was able to use it as only energy blast, energy coating and stuff. He didn't really use it as power...he can't...it was just a weapon. A weapon that's built into him...this sounds complicated...sorry about that."

"Nah. Nah. I think I get it. It's like...that one episode of Gumball. When they were using those magic wands...but since they weren't actually wizards...they were using the Lite Edition of the wands...so they couldn't use all the spells..."

"...guess that's one way to put it. Great example though."

"So, I have another power?"

"Yes. Energy Manipulation. You can physically harness the exact power that was spread through the atmosphere and control it. The same power that gave birth to supers and the same power that saved you! It's literally a part of you."

"Wow. I'm Super Jesus."

"You crazy." He facepalms. The elevator dings and our heads shoot at it's direction.

"Hey guys!" Jasahn said as he walks out of the elevator.

"Jasahn!" Jaden cheered happily.

"Hey man!" I said with a wave.

"Jasahn, where have you been?" Karen asked.

"Yeah, you haven't answered any text or anything."

"Well...after I thought I went completely blind and broke my finger, I wanted to spend some time with my auntie."

"Oh, sweet. What about the eyes? You don't need glasses?"

"Nope jacked me up, but she focused so much on the quantity rather than the quality."