Me time (Chapter Nine)

"Yeah. Your head is pretty hot...guess you can stay home." My father says as he removes his hand from my forehead. "This sucks since you just started school...but I guess I'll take you to school tomorrow."

"Yeah...sorry." I said. I wasn't sorry for my fake fever, but sorry for lying to him. But how the heck can I make it through school with 3 fractured ribs?

"Don't be, this is beyond your control. I'll be back later with medicine and there's soup in the cabinet." He heads out my door. "Love you." He shouts while heading down the stairs.

"Love you too!" I called out. I heard the door shut and briefly after, lock.  I sit up slowly and rest my back against my bed frame. My stomach is super sore and I honestly felt like staying in bed the whole day. I tap my phone screen, 6:03am.

"Karen should be up now.." I thought. Right after that thought, I received a text from her.

"Good Morning, baby! (heart emoji) (kiss emoji)" It read.

"Good Morning, babe. Sorry I can't come today." I sent. I set my phone back down and head into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and decided to skip my morning shower since I'm not going anywhere anyways. I come back to my phone with my toothbrush hanging out of my mouth.

"DON'T TRAIN AT ALL. IT WILL WORSEN THE INJURY." Jaden's message read. I chuckled. He knows me way too well.

"I'll keep you updated throughout the day. Relax. You deserve it." Karen's message read.

"Lol. Got it. I love you. (heart emoji) (kissy emoji)" I replied.

"Love you more. (heart emoji x3)" She said. I turned off my phone and tossed it onto my bed. I headed back into the bathroom to spit in the sink and to rinse my face. I cup my hands together and fill them up with water and start to rinse my mouth out. As I rinse my mouth, I stare at my reflection in the mirror. A lot has changed. I have shorter hair, I wear glasses, my eyebrows seem darker and now I have superpowers. Can't believe I have superpowers. I don't think I'll ever believe the fact that I have superpowers. I head downstairs to get some breakfast, I decided that I was gonna have a nice warm breakfast. Which meant, freezer sausages and oatmeal. I took the sausages out of the freezer and grabbed the box of oatmeal off the top of the fridge. I tossed it onto the counter and started to read the instructions on the back of the box.

"Preheat oven...yada yada yada..." I mumbled, "Does our oven even work?" I asked as I approach it. I pressed the preheat button and the oven starts to slowly warm up. "Oh nice." I looked at the box of oatmeal mix and shrugged. "I don't need help for oatmeal." I toss the box of oatmeal back onto the counter and grab a pot from the cabinet. I start to fill it up with water while I turn on the kitchen speaker, it connects to my phone. Annndd that's when I realized that I left my phone upstairs. "Damn. I always do that."

-After I retrieved my phone, I blasted music throughout my kitchen as I prepared breakfast. I try to go easy so I don't hurt myself anymore, but I was definitely rapping my heart out.

"NOTHING TO MEDDLE WITH, I CAN NEVER BE DELICATE. AM I EVEN RELEVANT? THAT DEPENDS HOW YOU MEASURE IT. TAKE A MEASUREMENT THEN BAG IT UP AND GIVE ME THE EVIDENCE." I shouted. My doorbell ringed and my head shot to the door.

"Who the heck...?" I kept the music blaring loudly and looked through the peephole. It was Linzie Sharp...Spectrum. My heart dropped dead down to my feet. Did she escape custody? She slipped out? How? I held my hand out and my staff flew from my room closet and slammed into the palm of my hand. She wasn't dressed up in costume, instead she was wearing normal casual clothes. But I couldn't trust that. If she knows my address, that means she knows who I am...which means...she knew Splicer. She knocked again and I jumped at the sound of it. I didn't know what to expect when I opened the door.