Quoke's Big Debut (Chapter Eight)

Quoke's back slammed against the brick wall of an alleyway as he struggled to breathe. The criminal had his hand gripped around his throat.

"Could we...hurry this up..? I'm late for...After School Film Appreciation Club." Quoke joked. He gripped the man's wrist and pushed him away before he followed up with a blast to his chest. The man flew out of the alleyway and onto the sidewalk, landing in front of the civilians. The man started to charge up his electric energy from the wires around him. I watched him start to target to the innocents, that was my cue. I dropped from the building and struck him in the face. He fell onto the ground and he was out cold.

"You couldn't do that earlier?" He rubbed his sore throat. I shrugged.

"I thought you could handle him. Turns out, you couldn't."

"I could...but..."

"But?"

"I don't know." He shrugged.

"Whoa...another hero..." A woman said.

"Hi! The name's Quoke!" He places his hands on his hips and looks off into the sky.

"Quoke..? That's an odd name..." She said in confusion. "Can I have a picture with you and Pulse?" She asked. She looked at me with a bit of fear. I guess I have a resting bitch face.

"Sure." I said with a smile. Her fear faded away and we all got behind the camera for a selfie.

"Say heroes!" She says.

"Heroes!" We say with a smile. The camera clicks and the lady smiled at the photo.

"I love you guys...you do some much for us-" BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! Quoke's watch interrupted the lady's nice speech.

"Oh shoot! Now I'm super late for After School Film Appreciation Club! I'll see you around, Pulse. And be safe lady!" Quoke said. He blasted himself off the ground and blasted himself towards the school.

"Pulse." The lady said.

"Yeah?" I asked,

"Thank you." 

"Don't mention it." I then super leap away and hear the camera click as I take off. I jump past a few blocks and she checks the photo.

"Eh, too much motion blur..."She commented. I landed in front of the precinct and entered. I was instantly greeted with the applause of the station, not only that, but the door was fixed and reinforced from before. That's good. I thought.

"What's this all about?" I asked. Sam then approached me.

"They're thanking you for what you've done." He answered.

"They're doing this pretty late..." Sam looks at me with an unbelievable look. I caved in.

"Fine." I accepted their thank you's and their gifts. Donuts, Candy, and a brand new game for the PS4. I was beginning to think if Sam told them how old I was. I couldn't help but smile at all this stuff they've given me. As if all the good deeds I've done has finally been rewarded. And I'm not asking for any rewards for what I do...but this is still a sight for sore eyes...literally since I wear glasses now.

"Thanks for everything. Sorry for thinking so bad of you." A female officer said. I smiled at her.

"Don't worry about it...I am technically breaking the law.." I joke.

"Sometimes rules need to be broken in order to get things done." I give her a friendly nod and she walks away to attend to some other stuff. Other officers approach me with hugs and some hands to shake. The last officer to approach me was James. He had a big grin on his face and he held a big wrapped present in his hands.