Blinded By Rage (Chapter Four)

I rushed at Jeff and he fires two energy beams at me. I roll under them and launch myself towards him. 

"GOTCHA!" I grab onto him and wrap my arms around him. Making sure he's got nowhere to go.

CRASH! We collide through the brick wall and land hard onto the ground outside. I grab him by the throat and go for a punch but he blasts me into the air.

Holy shit..." I thought. I had to be at LEAST 15 feet in the air.

"Freeze!" Sam demanded, with his gun aimed and ready.

"Seriously? I'm so much more than a bullet." Jeff says as he charges up his hands and aimed. I ball up my fist and closed my eyes.

"Please work! Please work! Please work!" I land on the ground and smash my fist onto the dirt. The ground shakes around us as little cracks form. Jeff loses his balance and I take advantage. "Take this!" I perform a 360 kick to his face and his jaw shatters. he slams through the wall of his house. The sound of the impact left my widened. "Oh shit...my strength..." I dart into the house and find him gone.  I then receive a kick to the chest from around the corner of the destroyed wall and I'm sent flying right back outside.

"These powers offer me a small coat of energy around my skin. You just broke that coat." He says as his jaw finishes healing. I look at him in shock. "Pretty cool huh?"

"Pulse...what do we do?!" Sam asks

"I need to finish this..." I say to myself.

"Pulse!" Sam yelled. I look at him. "What are we gonna do?"

"Sam! You should retreat! I'll finish this."

"Oh please, I won't let him leave!" He shot his energy blasts towards Sam and I dash in front of him and take the blast. I'm sent flying through the backyard fence and into the road.

"....ouch..." I wince quietly. My back went through that fence pretty hard but it didn't really hurt that bad...that shocked me. I stood back up and rushed back into the yard. Jeff was gone. "Damn it..."

"Pulse! You okay?" Sam asked.

"Yeah...I'll be okay." I say as I hold my hand out. He grabs my hand and I help him up.

"That was reckless..."

"Yeah...I know." I say. I put his arm over my shoulder and escort him to his car.

"We didn't know how to beat him...yet, you still went after him...why?"

"I don't know." I place him into the driver's seat and enter on the passenger side.

"Yes, yes you do...tell me...no one else is here..."

"I can't stop thinking about the lie...and how long they kept it from me...it makes me think about what else they kept from me."

"Nothing else, I'm sure. This was just one thing...and it was to keep you from overthinking...which is what you're doing right now."

"...Why are you people always right?" I ask. My mask retracts into my suit. "What the? Delta...why does my mask do this...and how?"

"It now matches your emotions and nerves. When you feel safe and comfortable, your mask will retreat. When you're heading in or excited, your mask will form." Delta explained.

"Wow. That's pretty cool."

"Indeed."

"...okay?" Sam says as he puts his seat belt on and winces quietly. He checks his back and finds a bruise.

"Sorry..."

"Not your fault kid, we went in together so we got hurt together...thanks for taking the blast back there."