The Death of Draco Is Named Harry: Chapter 21

But they wouldn't just go away, Draco realized as he laid in bed a few nights later, watching Harry read out of the corner of his eye.

Harry had just gotten out of the shower about ten minutes ago and his hair was still dripping wet. Draco hated how Harry never seemed to take care of his hair. He never dried it and hardly ran a comb through it and Draco spent a lot of time wishing he had the courage to ask Harry if he could do it for him. At the same time though, his hair was part of what made him Harry Potter and as much as he said he hated it, he also really thought it was charming.

To get to his bed, Harry had to cross in front of Draco's and Draco peeked over his book to watch him as he crossed the room. He watched as Harry flopped into his bed and let out a groan.

"I missed you," Harry said, his voice muffled due to the pillows.

"You're talking to your bed now? And here I thought you couldn't get any crazier."

Harry shifted his head to the side so he was looking at Draco with a lop-sided grin. Draco found himself grinning back before he could stop it. "You don't talk to your bed? Who here is really the crazy one?"

"Still you. Normal people don't talk to their beds."

"Last I checked I wasn't normal."

"You're perfectly regular."

"Yeah?"

"Yep. Perfectly regular brain-"

"Hey!" Harry half heartedly protested, but Draco continued.

"Regular sense of style. Regular friends. Regular interests. Regular eyes. Regular face," Draco was ticking off his fingers.

"Yeah? And my hair?" Harry smirked at Draco as his nose scrunched up in mock disgust.

"Not your hair, that's a special kind of disaster. Don't you own a comb?"

"I do, thank you, but it just makes it worse," Harry laughed, running his hands through it and messing it up worse.

"Stop messing it up worse. I refuse to believe that running a comb through it would make it worse than it already is," Draco huffed. "Go get your comb and let me try."

Ten minutes later and Draco regretted everything.

Harry's hair was sticking up in directions Draco didn't know were possible and, on top of that, Harry was bright pink from laughing at Draco's face slowly becoming more distraught. Draco thought it was terribly cute though and was probably the reason why he hadn't given up earlier.

"Your hair is atrocious."

"What did I tell you?" Harry was laughing.

"Why won't it stay put?" Draco groaned and raked his fingers through Harry's hair angrily. Harry had to stifle a groan.

"I don't know. My dad's hair was like that too I think."

"So your dad gave it to you. I feel bad for your kids, they're going to be cursed with this mop."

"Hey! It's not that bad," Harry laughed as Draco tossed the comb down on the bed.

"There is no point to this, it just won't settle," Draco flopped down onto Harry's bed next to him. Harry stared down at him as he put his arm dramatically over his face.

"Well I did tell you it wouldn't." Harry turned slightly and pulled his legs up onto the bed, leaning back on his arm to look at Draco.

Draco moved his arm down off his face and his eyes met Harry's. Their gaze held for a moment and Harry was thinking about leaning in when Draco broked the eye contact and turned his eyes towards the comb on the bed.

"Have you tried product?" Draco asked, his long fingers messing with the comforter, drawing Harry's attention.

"Yeah, it never works," Harry's eyes watched as Draco's hands ran over the sheets mindlessly. Draco had moved his eyes back to Harry and set to watching Harry's eyes as they stared down at Draco's hands. They sat like that for a moment in a peaceful silence.

"Hey, Draco-" Harry began.

"Wow I bet it's late," Draco suddenly interrupted and jumped off the bed. Harry watched him with a small disappointed frown as Draco walked over to his bed. "We should probably head to bed, we have early classes tomorrow." With that, Draco quickly got under the covers and Harry stared after him awkwardly.

"Uh- yeah, alright. Goodnight," Harry muttered, climbing into bed and grabbing a book off his bedside table to read a bit before bed.

-----------------------------------

Draco woke up again that night to find Harry shouting unintelligible things in his sleep. He didn't waste a moment getting up and shaking him awake.

"Hey, just a dream, breathe," Draco whispered, already climbing in next to Harry.

"Sorry... if I woke you..." Harry murmured, already starting to drift back to sleep now that Draco was there. The dream had been about Draco, afterall. Harry had dreamed that Draco had fallen into the flames in the Room of Requirement and had been in the middle of a fit of panic when Draco woke him.

Draco wrapped his arms around Harry's abdomen and curled up into him. Just for tonight, he told himself, it means nothing, I'm just comforting him. Draco felt Harry's light breaths ghosting over his hair and watched the rise and fall of Harry's chest as he breathed. Draco wondered what his father would think if he could see him now and let out a long sigh as he fell asleep.

When morning came, Harry awoke to a head of blond hair in his face and arms wrapped tightly around him. He didn't remember anything from the night before and froze a bit in shock.

Draco started to move then, yawning and raising his head up to look about himself. When his eyes settled on Harry's shocked form it took him a moment to respond, but when he did he suddenly jumped back muttering sorrys.

"Did something happen last night that I can't remember?" Harry asked.

"You had a nightmare," Draco stuttered, face going pink, "So I woke you up and-"

"Slept with me?" Harry laughed and Draco got redder if at all possible. "Relax, I'm not angry." Harry rolled out of bed to get his clothes and head to the bathroom, "that was probably the best I've slept in a while."

Draco watched, red faced as Harry closed the door to the bathroom.

"Ughhh-" Draco groaned, flopping face-first onto his bed, "I'm such an idiot to fall for him. I have absolutely no chance."

A/N: chapter is a bit short today because I'm trying to keep to my plans for each chapter, sorry about that! You can expect another chapter Saturday though! I'm planning to try to keep a schedule of posting on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays so you all can expect updates then!

*image is not mine, but I can't find the artist. If anyone knows let me know please so I can give credit!*