The Party Planning: Chapter 11

Draco and Harry found themselves seated in front of McGonagall's desk in a matter of minutes. McGonagall gave them both a disappointed look as they stared at their shoes.

"I cannot believe that you two couldn't even make it to two weeks!"

"Well if he didn't always start-" Harry began and McGonagall sent him a look that made him snap his mouth shut.

"I do not care who started what. Do you understand me?"

"Yes, headmaster," they both said in unison.

"Great. Then on that note, I'm making changes to the punishment." Both Harry and Draco suddenly felt very hopeful. Maybe she'll let us stop hanging out. "From now on, you're not allowed to complete your punishment up in your room. Since you two can't control yourselves in private, I need others to keep an eye on you." Both boys groaned.

How could it possibly get any worse, Harry thought. Now, not only did Harry have to hang out with Draco, he also had to hang out with him in public.

"If I have to have this conversation again, I will have no choice but to take more extreme measures," McGonagall paused to let it sink in, "You two may go, I don't expect you to finish your punishment today, you both clearly need a break. But, I do expect you to do so in public tomorrow."

With that both boys got up and left, eager to get out of her office.

-------------------------------------

The second they got back to the common room they immediately split up, and Harry walked over To Ron and Hermione who were talking quietly in the corner with Dean and Seamus.

Hermione noticed him walking over and stood up, rushing over to him, " you need to stop fighting with him! Look at your face, you-!"

"I know Hermione," Harry said tiredly and plopped down onto one chairs in the corner next to Seamus, "He's just always in the mood to fight!"

"You can't just blame it on him, I know you were both involved," Hermione said as she came to sit down again.

"I'm with Harry on this one Hermione," Ron piped up, "Malfoy always starts everything." Hermione glared at him, which promptly shut him up.

"Well me telling you to stop fighting won't change anything," Hermione sighed. "While you were in McGonagall's office we were discussing starting a weekly party of sorts."

"A weekly party?" Harry asked, sitting forward to lean his elbows on the table.

"Yeah, like any eighth year that wants can join in, we all play games and stuff," Seamus said.

"It'd be a perfect way to promote inter-house unity!" Hermione said, growing excited.

"Or a perfect way to get drunk and play party games," said Dean smile over at Seamus who sent him a conspiratorial smile back.

"I already said no alcohol."

"Aww, come on Hermione, that's what makes it fun," Ron said.

"Yeah, party games are no fun sober," Seamus said laughing.

"I'm saying no alcohol, if you bring it and get caught, it's on you."

"Yes! Hermione you're great!" Ron said grabbing her around the waist and pulling her towards him and placing a kiss on her cheek. Harry watched Hermione try and hide a slight smile, they really are great for each other.

"We'll bring the alcohol!" Seamus proclaimed, grabbing Dean's hand. Hermione shook her head laughing slightly and giving up.

"Ron and I can get food from the kitchen, and you could let everyone know, Hermione. You actually talk to everyone," Harry said.

"Alright, I can do that."

"How about we do it this coming Friday? Dean said, "We should be able to get everything ready by that time and it'll be nice to conclude the school week with."

"Yeah, and everyone will be over their hangovers by Monday," Seamus said snickering.

Hermione ignored Seamus' comment, "Yeah, okay, I'll make sure to let everyone know."

--------------------------------------

"Come on Draco," Pansy complained as Draco worked on his homework in the common room next to Harry. It was the first day they had to do their punishment in front of others and Draco was in a sour mood, he didn't like all the looks they were drawing. Draco decided to keep ignoring Pansy as he had been for the past ten minutes.

"Dracoooo," Pansy laid across Draco's homework, forcing him to look up

"You are the most annoying person I know," Draco grumbled. Harry snickered and Draco glared at Harry. Harry quickly shot his head back down to his work and pretended he hadn't just been listening to their conversation.

"That's my job as your best friend. It's also my job to get you to do fun things, and that is why you should come to the party."

"I already told you, I don't want to go."

"Come on Draco, most everyone is going to be there."

"I don't care who is going to be there."

"But think about it Draco, Potter will be there too. Won't you Potter?"

"Erm- yes?" Harry replied looking slightly confused.

"What are you getting at Pansy?" Draco said, shooting her a warning look. He really hoped she wouldn't start talking about her weird proclamation of him liking Harry in front of him.

"You have to hang out with each other for at least an hour a day on weekdays right? Well if you come to the party, then that'd count as hanging out right? As far as I know, McGonagall didn't really give you any rules on that." Draco and Harry both stared at her for a moment, neither of them had thought about that. "Plus, of course, there's also the reason I'm going: there's going to be alcohol."

Draco burst out laughing and Harry immediately snapped his head over to Draco. He rarely got to hear him laugh, but when he did, Harry loved the sound of it. Harry couldn't take his eyes off Draco as he laughed and it didn't go unnoticed as she smirked.

"Of course you're going for the alcohol, though I didn't even think about that being a way to complete our punishment," Draco said when he stopped laughing, and Harry forced himself to look away, face turning red.

"Well what would be the point of a party without alcohol. Anyway, will you come?"

"I'll think about it."

"You should go," Harry said before he could stop himself, and blushed further when they both turned to look at him.

"Why do you want me to go?"

"Well," Harry said, rubbing the back of his neck, "it'd be a good way to complete our punishment?"

"Was that a question or an answer?"

"Answer."

Draco stared at him for a moment and then sighed, "Fine, I'll come. But if I don't like it, I'm never going again."

"Alright, works for me," Harry said with a smile, that Draco returned with one of his own. They stared at each other for a moment until Pansy cleared her throat.

"Alright, well I'm leaving. Good luck with your homework."

A/N: image belongs to nedjem on Instagram